Friday, September 23, 2016

Happy Fall Ya'all

Time once again for the 2016 Fall Coffee Lovers Blog Hop and this is the first card I have made for this challenge.


The oak leaves and acorn design is a digi that I purchased from I Brake for Stamps digital images. I printed it out on card stock and also printed out another copy on regular thin printer paper so that I could use that as a mask. Then I added the cup which was a clear stamp.


The combined images were then colored with my Bic Mark-It pens and then fussy cut out. These were popped up and added to the card front. I also stamped the sentiment on white card stock and placed that under the cup and acorn image.


The final addition to the card front was to add die cut chevrons in various colors which I thought represented the colors of Fall. I also added some white paper inside the card so that I could later add a stamped sentiment or a hand written message.

Die used:
MFT Stepped Up Chevron

Digital stamp:
Acorn and leaf-I Brake For Stamps

Clear Acrylic Stamps:
Sentiment and Cup-Stamplorations-Coffee Happy Set designed by Sherry Russ

Other supplies:
Zots for popping the acorns/leaf and cup image
Scor Pal
Scor Tape
Sailor 2 in 1 Glue Pen
Bic Mark-It pens
Black Memento Dye Ink
Various colors of card stock

I am also entering this in the Stamplorations Never Ending Challenge and Crop Stop Linky Party #20-Anything Goes.

Thanks for looking and Happy Fall Ya'all!

God bless,
Verna

Coffee Lovers Blog Hop

35 comments:

Redhead said...

This is sweet and to the point. I love your colors/coloring!

*Vicki* said...

Really pretty Fall design and colors!! Love that chevron border!!

Anne Temple said...

Love your fall card. The design is wonderful and the multi colored chevrons are the perfect addition.

Patti said...

Oh how sweet! I really love that sentiment!! : ) This is a super fun and cheerful fall card.

Have a great weekend.

Patti

Fikreta said...

very nice card!
Fiki

Becca Yahrling said...

Awesome card; beautiful colors! Love this set by Stamplorations! (Don't forget to enter it into their Never Ending challenge, too).

Unknown said...

Love your colors, that Chevron die is really super cool, I love how you use it here and on your other creations! AND that sentiment is such the truth! lol Great card!

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Gorgeous chevron pattern and love your color choices especially!!

Jerrie said...

Awesome! I love your chevron with your coffee cup and fall embellishments!

Macimbalo said...

What a great card - love that chevron with all those colors!

Teri said...

What a wonderful card. The chevron pattern really finishes it off beautifully.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Love your border pattern and colors. Great card

VanessaB said...

Goegeous!!

Barbara said...

This is marvelous and I love everything about it.

Helen Gullett said...

FABULOUS card! Love your design :)

KT Fit Kitty said...

OMGoodness, Verna, I love this! Those little acorns and leaves are so cute! And what a fabulous sentiment! Those chevrons look amazing! This is such a beautiful colour combo! A wonderful card for the hop - I love everything about it!

~amy~ said...

NICE work Verna! Absolutely love your color choices and my chevrons are waiting to be used so thanks for the inspiration.

Stacy Sheldon said...

I am so amazed by how perfect all your chevrons look on this. ( that looks like it was a pain in the everything to line up) :)

Becca Cruger said...

I love these fun colors! They give the feel of Fall in a nontraditional way (and dangit... I think I have to go buy those chevron dies now). Super cute card - we always love seeing talented cardmakers using STAMPlorations!

StampingbugKerry said...

Nice job on the leaves! I love seeing the blended colors of fall leaves! The MFT chevron diecut looks fun with it! :)

Arianna Barbara said...

Oh wow! Beautiful card and colours!!!

Elizabeth said...

Love the sentiment!

Nikki said...

Haha great sentiment

Tonya said...

Lovely card! Thanks for sharing.

Lisa said...

Love the colors you used and your images are colored perfectly! Beautiful card!

Karen B. said...

Love the chevron and the bold use of color!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Great design! I love the colorful cut chevrons on the bottom!

Kathy Krug said...

Love all your coffee themed projects. The die cuts at the bottom are perfect for the colorful fall card.

Maura said...

Lovely card! The chevrons at the bottom really support the coffee image!

Tee said...

Perfect sentiment! Bold and beautiful card!

Ann said...

Wonderful card, love the acorns you added.

Ceal said...

so cute!

Helen F. said...

So pretty and so true! :-)

An'Jenic G. said...

Cute card I like the borders at the bottom.

Mary-Anne V said...

Great card with the chevron details.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...