Thursday, September 8, 2016

Trim The Tree

I went with a Christmas card again and this time used images and dies from My Favorite Things. Therefore I will be entering this in the My Favorite Things-You Could Be a Card Design Superstar Contest-2116.


I tried to create a scene and piled a lot of gifts beneath the tree. For this card I used the LJD-54 Trim the Tree stamp set and also used the FT-788 Trim the Tree Die-Namics die set which matches.


I stamped the ornaments on the tree with clear Versamark ink and then used embossing powder of red and white on them which I heat set. I added extra gem embellishments to the ornaments on the tree and the star. And, The tree was popped up with double stick photo tape. I also popped up the gifts below the tree with photo tape too! The last thing I did was to add a panel of red card stock behind the back of the card so that it had a framed look when closed.


I used pretty much traditional colors of green, gold and red but could not resist adding a few images stamped with wisteria colored ink too. All the inks were from Gina K. Designs;


Well, I now have another Christmas card done but I still have a long ways to go. I thank all of you for stopping in and checking out what my creative juices came up with today and I hope you are having a productive day as well.

God bless,
Verna

8 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

You're way ahead of the game. I really decided I should get started on my 152 before October!! Anyway, this is totally lovely - really like the light and not too heavy Christmas colors especially. The little pressies are so much fun under the tree.

Lisa Babitz said...

This is such a cute card! I lOVE your ornaments!!

KT Fit Kitty said...

So nice to see you creating again, Verna! Your card is beautiful! I love all of those presents! Best wishes for the Superstar contest!

Patti said...

Verna! you ARE a Superstar!!! never doubt it : )

(((Hugs)))
Patti

A splash of color said...

Very pretty. That's a nice way to make your cards special.. doing them all through the year. I love this one and the gems are perfect. Glad your feeling better.

Donna Ellis said...

Fun Christmas card, Verna! xo

Unknown said...

I know I keep saying Festive, but this is very festive. You have decked the halls perfectly with this stunner!

~amy~ said...

Super fun, love all the gifts!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...