Sunday, September 18, 2016

Funky Flakes Christmas

I finally made a card using snowflakes on it as I had been wanting to use some new dies and images ever since I had purchased them a couple months ago. So today I decided was the day to use them. I made a very clean and simple card design and wanted to have the sentiment as the main focal image. I hope I did not over do it with die cut embellishments and take too much away from that concept.


My card stock used was White and Blue Lagoon from Gina K. Designs. I also used Gina K. Designs Blue Lagoon ink. And for the snowflakes I used silver glitter paper from Stampin' Up.


The snowflake stamps and sentiments are from the CAS-UAL FRIDAYS set called Snowy Sayings and the die cut snowflakes in the silver paper are a FRI-DIES set called Funky Flakes.



I used My Favorite Things Wonky Stitched Rectangles to die cut the sentiment and the frame to help showcase it.


I carried the snowflake theme over into the inside as well and once again used a sentiment and snowflakes from the same stamp set.

I am entering this in the Mod Squad Blog Challenge for this week in which the focal image is to be the sentiment.

It is a nice warm and sunny day and once again I was able to join my fellow church members at church. I better go while the weather is still good because when the ice and snow come I don't get out as much.

Thanks for stopping in and I hope your week is off to a great start.

God bless,
Verna

10 comments:

Patti said...

I love everything about your card Verna!! The color combo and sentiment are wonderful and the stitched dies you selected are the perfect touch!

Patti

Rushd Lady said...

I agree with Patti! Very nicely done! We've had beautiful weather this week -- not too hot and not too cold.

kittykat3308 said...

Beautiful card. I love the sparkly snowflakes

Kathleen

Judy Woodland said...

LOVE this, your snowflakes are so pretty. All that sparkle. And I really like the Wonky Stitched Rectangles, and the way you placed them horizontally on a vertical card. Very clever and creative.

Unknown said...

It IS the most wonderful time of the year! Fabulous Christmas card, love that sentiment and the blue! Your snowflakes are so pretty, gorgeous silver ones! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Mod Squad Challenge Donna, Challenge Host.

KT Fit Kitty said...

I think the sparkly snowflakes make this card gorgeous! You definitely didn't overdo it with the die-cuts! It would have been so plain without them.

Shona Erlenborn said...

The silver and blue combination is so perfect. I'm loving those snowflake dies - definitely not overdone!

Anonymous said...

MM--You don't need to think about a Christmas card design for this year; this is it. It's not too busy and I love the jazzy snowflakes and the colors.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very pretty with the sparkly stars

Lisa Babitz said...

I love everything about this! I love your CAS design, and the die cuts are perfect!!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...