Thursday, October 13, 2016

Ornament No. 3

Wow! A third post for today. What was I thinking? But they all involve the ornaments I made with the glitter paper from Stampin' Up! I had some negatives that I thought would work into great ornaments too, so that is what I did. I used them for this design.


In the first ornament I made I needed a red snowflake design so I took the negatives from the red frame dies and tried my best to center that snowflake right in the middle. It worked great. I did that for both of the red glitter paper negatives so that I could once again make a two sided ornament. And, I simply glued two gold circles together and placed them in between these snowflake die cut circles. Now this was four layers so it was too hard to use a regular paper punch to make a hole so I instead got out my old eyelet setter and a hammer and added my punched hole that way. The ornament was finished by adding a green rhinestone gem to the center.

Hopefully, you can see the design better with this next photo. And, believe me taking photos of glittery objects can be a real hassle. But I finally got a couple good ones. The gold layer is recessed behind the die cut snowflakes.


Dies used:
Die-Namics MFT-948 Single Stitched Line Circle Frames
CAS-UAL FRIDAYS Fri-Dies Funky Flakes

I am entering this ornament design in the following challenges:
Mod Squad Blog Challenge-ABC-Anything But a Card
Crop Stop Linky Party #21-Anything Goes

Well, that is all for me today. Tomorrow I will get back to Halloween or Thanksgiving card making, but this was sure fun to work with these. I hope you had a great day too.

God bless,
Verna

4 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Ooohh, such pizzazz! What a fun glitzy ornament Verna. Great idea to use the negative of the die cut!

Donna Ellis said...

Your glittery ornaments are fantastic, Verna! Very pretty and festive! Hugs, de

Unknown said...

I love your ornament collection, I think it's all of that glittery goodness you have been sharing! Thanks so much for playing along with us again at The Mod Squad Challenge Donna, Challenge Host.

Judy Woodland said...

Another beauty. You have outdone yourself here. All that glitter and shine...love the colors too. Thanks for all the inspiration!!!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...