Thursday, January 11, 2018

Peaceful Winter

Well, I finally got back to stamping. There was plenty of time since my hubby was gone for a few days but instead of stamping I took down some of the Christmas decorations, did laundry since the wash machine was fixed again and then just watched some more movies. For some reason, my mojo went along with hubby so card making was not to be done. But hubby is back again and so I did a couple cards up using the same set. Originally, I had planned on making Christmas cards with this set but time ran out so I decided that it was a set that could work for other occasions as well. I hope you enjoy what I did with it. Oh, and I found another piece of kraft card stock so this first one is using kraft along with black and white again.




I used the Misti and marked on the grid sheet where I had placed the card stock before I even started any stamping. Once I had it stamped as dark as I wanted this simple scene I then took a white paint pen and added snow on the trees and the snow line areas.  Then I put the panel back into the Misti and re-stamped over this again with black ink. I also stamped the sentiment and birds in black ink.

I die cut the kraft panel with a Memory Box Cross Stitched Border die and then added that to a layer of black card stock before placing it on the white card base. The stamp set used on this card is called Peaceful Winter by Penny Black but the sentiment is from another Penny Black set called Special Wishes.

This card will be entered into the Mod Squad Blog Challenge-Color Throwdown-Kraft, Black and White.

Since I had the scene stamp out and has so much fun creating this card I decided to do another one with the same stamps except for the sentiment. This more than likely would have been the way I would have done my card for a Christmas design but I think it works for any time during the winter months.


I went with more pastel colors for this scene by using sponges to add color. I also used the white paint pen to add a little more white to areas where I had sponged on too much color and caused it to fade out. I put this panel back into the Misti and re-stamped it in black again to make it more vibrant.  The sentiment for this is from the same set the tree/snow line image is and it is called Peaceful Winter.

Well, thanks for the visit and I am so glad you leave such wonderful comments. We have a blanket of snow again. It had nearly all melted the few days before and then last night a cold front moved in and brought the snow and frigid temps again. These up and down weather changes sure do make me ache. Oh, well! Such is life! Take care everyone and if it is cold where you are please stay nice and cozy warm.

God bless,
Verna

11 comments:

Johanna said...

Love these cards and find they are very creative. I get a bit stuck in my thinking about stamps sometimes and forget that even a Christmas type stamp can be used for a birthday especially a winter birthday. must remember that for the future.

Liz said...

Super stamps, Verna. Great way of using these beautiful stamps for different occasions. xx

Carol L said...

These are a wonderful example of how to use the same stamp set for 2 different occasions! Both are quite lovely with your beautiful coloring!

Greta said...

Gorgeous stamp for Christmas & all winter! I love both versions, but the kraft especially appeals to me--classic & beautiful! Fortunately we miss almost all the bad weather, so can't see ever leaving here! Stay warm!

Viv said...

These are lovely Verna!

wannabcre8tive said...

Both cards are beautiful. The one with the blue really takes my eye. You did a great job on it. My sponging never looks that smooth.

Donna Phelan said...

Peaceful and serene! So fabulous!

Lisa said...

These are gorgeous! Love them both... especially love your colorful sky. Awesome cards!

Judy Woodland said...

Well I love what you have done with those beautiful trees. So glad you could play along once again with us over at The Mod Squad. Happy to see you got your Mojo back!

Dandi93 said...

The kraft, black and white are a stunning combo and I love your sky on the blue.... Nicely done Verna

Karen Dunbrook said...

beautiful cards mf...love the blue one.
xx Karen

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...