Sunday, March 18, 2018

Faux No Line Coloring With Alcohol Markers

Hi Everyone. I hope your Sunday is going great. This afternoon I decided to make a confirmation card as we are needing one really soon for a friend of ours. And, since Melanie Muenchinger made a video on how to do faux no line coloring I had to try it out. HERE is the link to her video as she can do a much better job of explaining it then I can. And, the kicker is that you use simple printer paper and alcohol markers only.



I am afraid my work is not quite up to par compared to Melanie's but I think overtime I will do better. I did not use my Copics but instead used Zig Marker pens which are also an alcohol ink marker. But next time I will use the Copics and see if I get better results that way. Also I will not add a blue outline around the flowers. I was not going to post this as it was not quite what I wanted but maybe if someone else can learn from what I did wrong it might be worth sharing.

The flower image is from the Gina K. Designs Whimsical Spring set and the sentiment is from the Gina K. Designs Sentimental Calla Lily stamp set. I die cut the white focal panel with a Cottage Cutz Double Stitched Border die. It was layered onto a blue panel which I cut out by hand. I also used a white Uni Posca paint pen to add some white to the center of the flowers. And the finishing touch was to add some blue rhinestone gems. Inside I added a My Favorite Things Blueprint 29 die cut white panel where I can stamp and write a message.


Well, it is a warmer but quite cloudy today. And, they say it will be raining later on and then gradually turn over to snow. I hope that we don't lose power, but at least we are prepared if we do with a generator on hand. I wish you a great week and thanks for your visits.

God bless,
Verna

15 comments:

Liz said...

Gorgeous card, Verna, the colours are beautiful. xx

Shona Erlenborn said...

Awesome card Verna, and thanks for sharing that tutorial. I love this effect!

Carol L said...

The blue colors are so pretty on this card and I like the technique you used for coloring. Thanks for sharing that tutorial link too!

Ina G said...

Absolutely stunning on those blue tones Verna. I love the blue outline on the flowers. So glad you posted this as it is gorgeous.

Barbara said...

Glad that you posted this card, it looks fine. I have not tried this as yet. Wondering how the copy paper looks on a card.

Diane said...

Beautiful blue flowers Verna, I think you did a fabulous job with the technique, one I have yet to try...copy paper, so interesting!

Donna Phelan said...

Loved Mel's video, I think you did a wonderful job! I have not tried this as yet, but I did whip out the Buds And Vases stamp set--longtime favorite of mine! Your colors are beautiful and you have a fab layout! Well done, Verna!

Brenda in IN said...

I think this came out so pretty. I will have to check out the link. I like the idea of using copy paper and will try that. I only have the Zig Markers that are water based and you can water color with them. I do have some Copics though to try with.

laurie said...

So pretty Verna! I love the two blues you used, really pops! Looks like a fun technique too.

Donna Ellis said...

Someone told me about this technique on Saturday, so I'm delighted to see it done Verna-style! Thank you! I love what you have done. It's gorgeous! hugs, de

MaryH said...

I saw that video too and I must disagree with you. I think _your_ work came out much nicer than Melanies (and I liked hers..that was a new technique to me). I expect the copics will work a bit better than the zigs too, but you won't know for sure til you do one that way. I love the bright happy shade of blue, and it's a wonderful image to do the no-line technique. Good for you, and I'm so glad you shared it. TFS & Hugs

Greta said...

Neat technique I haven't heard of--thanks for the link to the video! Beautiful blue flowers!

Leslie Miller said...

Faux no-line coloring? I'll have to watch the video. However you thought this should have turned out, I think it's beautiful. Lovely blues and pretty flowers, and I love the effect!

Lisa said...

Well, it may not have turned out how you planned, but it is beautiful none the less... I love the bright beautiful and the papers are the perfect complement... love it!

Dandi93 said...

Beautiful card Verna, you did an amazing job for your first time with this technique.... nicely done my dear

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...