Thursday, March 8, 2018

Heartfelt Thoughts In Gray

The Double D's Challenge this time is to use mostly gray in your card design. Well this was a challenge for me mainly because I had gray papers but they were different shades and when combined together some of them instead looked green and some blue instead of gray. I finally settled on this combination of papers and inks to make my card and I think it is a fairly good match.


The stamps used for this card are from the Stampin' Up! Heartfelt Blooms set. And the ink I chose to use is Versafine Smokey Gray. The white focal panel was die cut with a Cottage Cutz Double Stitched Rectangle die. And, the ribbed gray paper and the ribbon were some I had in my stash for ages and of course, I don't know where they came from.

Just a very simple and quick card to make but I really love the way it looks. It has a sort of quiet elegance about it I think.

Anyway, that was my project for today. We shall see what tomorrow brings. I might just spend the day addressing my St. Patrick's Day cards instead of making cards. Anyway, thanks for the visit and for the wonderful comments you leave.

God bless,
Verna

17 comments:

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Verna, so stylish in shades of grey. xx

Carol L said...

It's an excellent match and a resulting lovely card! Love the ribbon!

scrappymo! said...

This is a lovely Sympathy card...very classic and beautiful.

Diane said...

Stunning card in the shades of grey, I love every single detail!! Thank you for joining us at Double D!
Diane DD DT

Donna Phelan said...

WOW that flower is amazing, such a big, bold beautiful bloom! All of the grays work so well here, Verna. I also love that double stitched die you use for you panel! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D Challenge Blog, When Skies Are Gray, Donna, DT Member.

Judy Woodland said...

Beautiful, Verna. I love what you have done with that stamp. I have it and haven't really given it much attention yet. Using the grays just makes the image pop. Well done, thanks for playing with us over at Double D!

Darlene said...

Oh I think they match BEAUTIFULLY Verna and came together so well! Just fabulous! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Skies are Gray’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

MaryH said...

This is just so elegant and your grays turned out beautifully. I like the look of the smokey gray 'crinkled' background DP, and the stitching on the focal image. The gray ribbon bow looks luscious and was the perfect embellishment to this pretty card. TFS & Hugs

Shona Erlenborn said...

How different - love the grey on white! Really spectacular Verna!

Greta said...

That stamp has so much detail it's gorgeous done with just the gray ink! Perfect for the challenge!

Brenda in IN said...

I really like this smoky color and that ribbon is just gorgeous.

Leslie Miller said...

It's surprising how much I love the shades of gray with no other color added. This challenge has shown me how lovely it can be, and your card is certainly beautiful. Sometimes the soft and subtle monotone look is just the ticket. I like your ribbed paper and the double stitched die and, of course, the beautiful flower stamp. Well done, Verna!

Lisa said...

So beautiful! You got the colors exactly right. Quiet Elegance is a good way to describe it.. perfect!

aussie aNNie said...

Great interpretation of our challenge theme. Thanks for entering and showing your beautiful work at our "Skies Are Gray" Challenge. Thanks for joining in and good luck in the draw.  Double D Challenges{DT aNNie}

Barbara said...

Your card is so creative and alluring to see. I love the arrangement and design is perfect for this challenge. Thanks for sharing this with us at Double D Challenge. Hope to see you again.
Barbara, Design Team Member

Vicki said...

Wow, stunning card, Verna! Love the cleans lines and that flower....wowzers! Thanks for joining the Double D, "Shades of Gray" Challenge.

Dandi93 said...

A true beauty Verna..... Pretty and Elegant

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...