Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Eclipse Card

I confess I am not very well experienced with this technique but I decided to take the plunge and try it on this card. I chose not to use a word die but instead eclipsed the butterfly. The eclipse technique is what we are to use at the Mod Squad Challenge this time.


I took white card stock and then placed a medium circle stencil on the panel and then over that I took a cloud stencil and then added some clouds so that they remained within that circle area. Once I had my blue color applied for my sky I then stamped the butterflies and the sentiment onto the card. These butterflies are a two step process. I was not happy with the bodies and antennas of the butterflies being in yellow so I took an ultra fine black Bic marker and colored those areas in.  I also added the sentiment with black ink.

I then took the die that came with the stamp set and cut out the largest butterfly. I also cut out three more using white card stock. Once I had this done I took a rectangle stitched die and cut the panel and then layered it onto some brown card stock. This was all placed onto a yellow card stock base.

Now the fun part....layering all the butterfly cutouts together using some glue. Once I had all the layers glued together I then added them to the open area on the panel so that the butterfly protruded from it. I think you can see how it does that.

I also took some white card stock which was also die cut with the stitched rectangle die and layered to  brown and added that inside the card. I did not add a sentiment inside as I might just want to write a little message instead.

Supplies:
Gina K. Designs Stamp N Foil Butterfly Kisses stamp set and dies
Gina K. Designs inks
Gina K. Designs Connect Glue
Picket Fence Studios Medium Sized Circle Stencil
Picket Fence Studios Life Changing Blending Brushes
Stampenback Masking Stencil (clouds)
Maker's Movement Stitched Rectangle Stacker Die
Rhinestones (unknown)

Well, thanks for visiting and this was a fun way to spend the afternoon. Have a great evening.

God bless,
Verna

16 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I'm completely unfamiliar with the eclipse technique, but I gather that something in your write up, whether about the background or the butterflies, explains it. I like both the background AND the butterflies, so to my eyes you did a great job!

Judy Woodland said...

Well done, Verna!!! Your background is beautiful, and I really like your butterfies!!! I love your take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

Lori Kobular said...

Love those beautiful butterflies and your background is gorgeous!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Eclipse technique - my goodness - I learn something new every day! That card sound awfully time consuming, but the result is worth it! Came out fantastic! Love the dimension of the large butterfly - looks like he is taking off....

TK said...

You captured the eclipse perfectly! Nice job with that sponged background and it's ability to showcase your butterflies!

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Verna! I never thought of using an image to create the eclipse, instead of words! Fantastic idea, and such a sweet scene! hugs, de

Barbara said...

This is a new and very interesting technique from Judy and I think that you rocked it. I predict a winner! Love the clouds and the butterflies.

Lisa Babitz said...

I love how you sponged your clouds in the masked circle - so pretty!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely cloudy background!

laurie said...

So pretty! I love how you did that cloud background...beautiful!

Carol L said...

This turned out to be quite lovely with that technique! I love that beautiful blue sky you created too!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is very pretty. I have never seen this technique done with a shape like this. I haven’t had a chance to try it. I hope I will soon! Have a good day!

Lisa K said...

You did an awesome job! I have never done this technique and have only seen it with words. Love that you used something other than words. I am close to getting ready to give it a try. Thanks for sharing your technique and explaining so well.

Dawn S. said...

Your card is so pretty! I love the way you sponged the clouds in the circle shape. The butterflies are one of my favourite stamp sets.

Lisa said...

Love how this turned out... another beautiful one!

Dandi93 said...

Beautiful card Verna, love this technique

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...