Tuesday, June 25, 2019

June Rudolph Days

Once again it is time for Scrappymo's Rudolph Days Challenge and this is the card I made for it. I hope you like it.


The first thing I did was lay the large circle stencil from Picket Fence Studios onto Ivory card stock and then with the Life Changing Blending Brushes I added red and green colors using a light touch so as to not get it too dark. Once that was done I then stamped the images twice from the Picket Fence Studios String of Lights set with black ink using my Misti so that I could do repeated inkings. I wanted a good dark printing and that was a way to make sure that happened. I then cut that rectangle down to approximately 5 inches by 3 3/4 inches and then placed it onto a red card base. The sentiment is also from the same stamp set so I did that with black ink and then cut it out by hand and added it over the top of the design. Inside I also added another sheet of Ivory card stock for the sentiment or hand written message

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I was busy all day yesterday as we got a new refrigerator. The old one still worked but I got a new one for my kitchen and the old one will go out to my hubby's mancave (shed). And it is shocking how much things one puts in a refrigerator/freezer. I also washed out the old one really good too so that it looks like new as well. We got some help moving the refrigerators into the house and shed so that was nice.

Well, I wish you all a great week. Thanks for stopping in.

God bless,
Verna

13 comments:

Kathleen said...

Wow Verna, this is definitely a really different style of Christmas card and it looks stunning in your choice of colours with the black images.

Kath x

Judy Woodland said...

What a wonderful card. I just adore those silhouettes, really great stamp. And your background is perfect, LOVE how you have done it inside the circle. So unique, so classy.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love how you've used the little silhouette stamps on this wonderful card.

Sue xx

Carol L said...

What a fun design with all those dangling silhouettes over the Christmas bauble! Very original and fun!

scrappymo! said...

This is a lovely card, Verna and will be well appreciated at Christmas!

The stamp is great and thank goodness for the Misti, as Icould never stamp this style of stamp evenly, before I purchased my Misti, I always got uneven splodges!

Yours looks perfect and thanks for taking part in the June Rudolph Days Challenge.

Leslie Miller said...

I couldn't help but smile when I saw this card, Verna. There's just something about all those swinging ornaments. It gives me a sense of the flurry and festivity of the holiday season. Very creative idea! I need a new refrigerator, too. It's just a matter of getting around to it.

TK said...

Wow! Great foresight to stamp the "ornaments" so dark, because they really pop! Kudos on the fussy cutting!

Lisa said...

That is a cool stamp set and love how you've used the masked background... awesome design!

wannabcre8tive said...

A fabulous Christmas card. You are so smart getting an early start on them.

Whisper said...

Absolutely delightful and thanks for joining us this month at Rudolph Day's Challenge, Luv Sam x

laurie said...

So pretty! I have this set but haven't used it yet...great idea!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

This is such a fabulous card! Totally in love with it!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun silhouette stamping!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...