Saturday, June 1, 2019

Succulent Garden

Shortly before Mother's Day I got an order from The Greetery and among the goodies was this set of succulent dies. So yesterday I finally pulled them out and proceeded to make a few of the succulents up to put on my garden card. I must say I am very happy with them. When I used to have a flower bed I had a few in my garden and we called them Hens and Chicks and this is what this garden scene reminds me of. I hope you will enjoy my little simple garden too.


I used the Life Changing Blending Brushes and some of Gina K. Designs inks to make the background  and also to add color to my succulent dies. I hope I assembled them correctly. But they looked quite good to my way of thinking. The last thing I did was to stamp the sentiment which is from The Greetery as well and is from the Comforting Commands stamp set.

I am entering this in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge #388-#389.

I hope your weekend is going great. I love all the comments you leave too.

God bless,
Verna

20 comments:

laurie said...

Your succulents look gorgeous! i love the colors, wow they look so real!

Patti J said...

Verna, your card is gorgeous! The dimension of the succulents is wonderful, and makes them stand out even more. Thanks for sharing!

Dandi93 said...

These are beautiful Verna, you've done an awesome job coloring your succulents. Beautiful card

Barbara said...

I adore your garden scene with that sentiment. The coloring is supberb and the card is awesome.

Dawn S. said...

You did a great job with the succulents. They look so realistic. I love the sentiment, as well.

Shona Erlenborn said...

Very pretty Verna. Beautiful colors and sentiment.

Carol L said...

I remember those hens and chicks quite well as I once grew them at our previous home too. Love your coloring and the black and blue background! Very pretty!

Judy Woodland said...

This is just beautiful, Verna. You have colored those succulents perfectly, love the colors you used. Great design too, absolutely stunnning.

Donna Ellis said...

Wow wow WOW! Verna, your coloring is fantastic! What a great die set! Were your hen-and-chicks left out all year long? Or are they treated as annuals? So lovely! hugs, de

Mac Mable said...

Verna these succulents look so real. Fabulous blending of the colours and love the blue card stock. Stunning card and so textural x

Kathy Krug said...

The darker background really makes the succulents pop, and they are colored beautifully. I think I need to check out that company.

Ina G said...

Those succulents are just beautiful Verna. Stunning array of colours. The blue background is a perfect backdrop.

TK said...

The succulents look awesome to me but if you had to "assemble" them? Well they look downright fabulous! I've got to be the worst at layered stamping and assembling... Nice job, and LOVE that sentiment!

Greta said...

Those are the prettiest succulents I've ever seen! Love your color choices!

Leslie Miller said...

These are the coolest dies and you colored them so beautifully and perfectly with your brushes! There are many things I want to try with my brushes as time allows.

Diane said...

Beautiful card and the colors are amazing as well as your inked background!! I too use to have chicks and hens in my gardens, not sure were they went though lol, must have wondered off somewhere. It's so fun visiting all the blogs and seeing all the new things that are out there to purchase!

Lisa Babitz said...

The sponging adds so much dimension to your die cut succulents. Very pretty.

Lori Kobular said...

Your succulents are gorgeous and I want them for my garden! The colors look amazing!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

I love succulents!!! And your almost look life like!

Lisa said...

Wow! Fantastic job on those succulents!! They are gorgeous! Love this card!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...