Sunday, September 22, 2019

Angel

When shopping recently online I found this darling Tiddly Inks Angelic Wishes digital stamp and immediately I knew it would be a wonderful stamp for Christmas cards. But then when I saw the free scripture verse at Word Art Wednesday Anything Goes Challenge/Weeks #404-#405 I knew it went perfectly with that too. So with the combination of the two I made this card.



I printed the angel and the verse onto white card stock and then after coloring the angel with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol I cut it out by hand. The verse was die cut with a double stitched die from Cottage Cutz. These both were then added to a Plum Punch card stock base. The design was then finished by adding some rhinestones and a white panel inside the card.

I am also entering this into the Double D Challenge-Focus on the Sentiment.

Thanks for visiting and for the wonderful comments. Have a great new week now.

God bless,
Verna

11 comments:

Vicki said...

Beautiful, Verna! Love the sentiment on this card. Thanks for joining the Double D, "Sentiment" Challenge.

Mac Mable said...

Great combining Verna and such wonderful colouring of that adorable angel. Such a beautiful card x.

Greta said...

Wonderful non-Christmas use of that adorable angel!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

That is so pretty! I wonder if it also could be used for a cute baby card. Lovely color of the card base too!

Darlene said...

Oh Verna this is just precious! Love the verse! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘FOCUS ON THE SENTIMENT’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Vicki Dutcher said...

The added gems are lovely with the angel abd sentiment

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, Verna, this is truly precious. It makes my heart swell.

laurie said...

The angel is prefect with that verse...a great card for the holidays!!

Carol L said...

This is just adorable and I love the angel on the corner of the sentiment! Great take on the challenge!

Lisa said...

Beautiful! That is such a sweet angel and the sentiment is perfect!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Such a sweet little angel and a perfect sentiment to go along with it!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...