Friday, September 4, 2020

Harvest Anniversary Card

Digital play day again! I made an anniversary card using digials from several Artsystamper sets. Sets used for this card are A Bunny Harvest set, Artsy Sentiment Set and the Williamsburg Memories set. I sort of got my design a bit larger then I should have so some of the design had to be cut off in order to make my slimline card design. But I still think it looks pretty great! I used already colored images.


I combined two of the Williamsburg Memories backgrounds together for this card. To make it look like the grass was up right against the old building I took some colored pencils and drew in some grass to match. This was done after I had the scene built and printed out. First on the Open Office program I added the basket. Then I finished the scene by adding carrots, cabbage and the rabbit along the bottom. The last thing I did was to add the sentiment. The rabbit was not showing up as well as I wanted it to do after I printed it so I took a colored pencil and added some green to the cabbage and in that way the rabbit was more pronounced. I layered it onto an orange card base and then added a white sheet of paper inside so I can write or stamp another sentiment.

Hubby went fishing so when I got my housework done I thought I would play a bit with these sets I  purchased at half off. If you are interested you can still snag some awesome sets at half price at the Artstystamper website.

Thanks for visiting and I wish all of you a great weekend. I don't think we have anything special planned as I think most of our family is staying distanced these days. My grandson is improving every day. This morning he texted me that he was much better but still had achy joints. I told him to still continue to rest and not overdo it. He is still in isolation at his fraternity house. I so appreciate all the prayers for him too. I know they have helped with his recovery and our hope is that there will not be a relapse.

Well until next time take care and God bless,
Verna

22 comments:

Patti J said...

Verna, this is awesome! The image is beautiful, and your coloring is amazing! Thank you for sharing! Will continue to pray for your grandson! Hugs...

Dawn S. said...

I love this slimline card with all of the cute details! I'm so glad to hear that your grandson is improving and will continue praying for him.

Leslie Miller said...

Brilliant the way you put this together to make such an inviting scene. I'm glad to hear your grandson is feeling a little better and I hope he'll soon be back to normal. It's hard to distance, but necessary if you want to be safe. Life has changed for us, but we are managing ways to be active and socialize safely. I don't know if we're ever really safe, but doing the best we can.

Ina G said...

Simply beautiful Verna. Sorry I haven't commented for a long time. Still trying to get more time to craft and comment and starting to do a bit more from time to time.

Lisa Babitz said...

This is beautiful! You did a fantastic job arranging your images, and the coloring you added to the grass and cabbage looks great! Glad to hear your grandson is improving and will continue to pray for his full and speedy recovery.

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Verna, with a lovely image.
I've just read your post saying that your grandson has contracted Covid-19. Wishing him a speedy recovery. xx

Sandra H said...

Gorgeous card as always love the layout and images ...sending get well wishes to your grandson it’s such a worrying time stay safe x

Carol L said...

What a cute and fun slimline card! Gotta love that bunny feasting on cabbage :)

kReN said...

I love the new Williamsburg Memories backgrounds. Love the Harvest Bunny set against the wood background. Thanks for sharing! kReN on the DT

Barbara said...

You may have had to ct some off, but you got all of the important things on the card. Glad to hear that your grandson is improving. Our granddaughter and her three roommates all tested positive, but none have any symptoms. Have a safe weekend. We wiil just go out for a drive.

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the image and beautifully coloured.xxx

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Verna! I can almost smell the harvest leaves and hay, and the fresh air and autumnal squashes. Your combination of digitals looks just like a framed scene! Does your farm look like this, too? It's lovely. hugs, de

Shona Erlenborn said...

You did a great job of fitting all these lovely digis on to the card, Verna. I wouldn't know where to begin! Glad to hear your grandson is improving - continued prayers!

Brenda in IN said...

Great job using all the different images for your card. It looks so cozy and fallish. I'm so glad to hear your grandson is doing so much better. This is such a scary time to be out and the schools are all having cases rise. Sounds like he is on the mend.

TK said...

Very pretty scene, so peaceful, and your "trim" didn't hurt a thing!

Lisa said...

Oh no! I will find out about your grandson as I go back I guess... I love this card! It's so pretty and the images all go together perfectly. Love your little adds too... I think they made a big difference!

Karen Dunbrook said...

so gorgeous...I love Fall scenes.
Hope you grandson is doing ok.
xx Karen

Greta said...

Perfect images for a Fall anniversary card, Verna! Glad to hear your grandson is improving!

Sharyn Polesel said...

How fun, Verna. I really have not gotten into diji's, but you sure make beautiful cards with them.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous card. That wood grain background goes perfectly with the Fall basket

Diane said...

What a beautiful scene you have created! So very pretty!

Dandi93 said...

Such a sweet harvest card Verna, we have been enjoying the bunnies in the back yard

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...