Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Christmas Dove

Well, I did a few Halloween cards earlier this week and then decided to change the pace and get back to Christmas cards for today. I should say "card" though as one is all I managed to get done. I am slowing up in my old age I guess!


Last year I won a grab bag and inside it was this pretty little dove image from The Magic of Christmas set by Gina K. Designs. So I decided to use that on my card. I colored it in with my Copics and then fussy cut it out.

The embossing folder from Cuttlebug called Joy & Cheer was color enhanced by also embossing a sheet of blue Easy Color Dry Embossing Paper with it. I purchased this color embossing paper some time ago from Cheery Lynn Designs and this is my first try at using it. I think I like the subtle colors that were picked up in the embossed design too!

I die cut the Spellbinder Medallion One on red card stock and then backed it with green card stock. After adding a ribbon to the embossed background I then added this medallion. I assembled all my layers to the red base card and popped the dove over the medallion. The card was finished by adding some green pearls.

I am going to use this as an entry in the Stamp TV Mix It Up Monday challenge in which we were to use critters of any kind including winged ones. So this certainly qualifies I guess in that respect.

Thanks for stopping by on this cold and rainy dreary day. I hope you are having a good day no matter what the weather is doing. Let the sun shine in your heart!

God bless,
Verna

1 comment:

Joyce Erb said...

Nice holiday card, cute dove. Thank you so much for the wonderful comment you left on my butterfly card. It made my day!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...