Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Thanksgiving Card

I decided to get started on my Thanksgiving cards today since it is raining this afternoon. I already did my gardening earlier and got the carrots in the freezer so I deserved a break I figured! LOL

Created by Verna Angerhofer

I used Gina K. Design stamps again from the latest Stamp TV kit called The Simple Things and these images and the sentiment are from the stamp set called The Simple Things.

My card stock choices were Gina K. Designs Ivory and Dark Chocolate. I stamped the brick background with Gina K. Designs Faded Brick ink but I stamped it off twice before actually putting it to the card stock. I wanted a more faded look. The wheat images I stamped with Gina K. Designs Prickly Pear dye ink directly over the brick wall. And, the pumpkin was stamped onto an additional piece of the Ivory card stock with black Momento ink. I proceeded to color the pumpkin in with my Spectrum Noir markers and then fussy cut around the image leaving just a small margin. I then added glue with my tape runner and fastened it over the lower part of the brick wall and wheat background. The card was finished by stamping the sentiment in Momento black ink before I adhered it to the brown layer and the ivory base card.

A fairly clean and simple card again but I really love the results and really adore all those fantastic images in this stamp set. This card will be entered into the Mix It Up Monday challenge at Stamp TV in which we are to use leaves on our cards or creations.

Thanks for stopping by and this will do me for this week. I am having company this weekend so I have to clear the kitchen table of my stamping supplies and dust a bit and mop floors. Yuck! Not nearly as much fun as getting crafty, but it will be fun to have company too!

God bless, 
Verna


13 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Beautiful T Day card!!

Kathy Krug said...

Love the stamped layers. Great Thanksgiving cards.

Barbara said...

Verna, I must apologize for not making comments. It seems that I am not getting notices of your blog posts again. So sad as I love your cards. This one is just terrific with the layering. I am still awaiting my kit. You have really motivated me. Can't wait to get it.

Joyce Erb said...

Love how you used the stamps. Great looking card

Carolyn said...

Your Christmas card posted earlier was gorgeous and so is this one, Verna. You do an excellent job with your coloring. What an inspiration!

Unknown said...

Great card again Verna. You just keep on going with these. Love it :)

Darnell said...

I love your warm and wonderful Thanksgiving card, Verna! So well colored and so perfectly balanced! Have a fantastic time with your company on the weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

Gramma Deb said...

I love the way you used these stamps. Lovely card.

Barbara said...

Verna, this is a gorgeous example of a CAS card style, one of my favorite card styles. I love all the elements you used to make this, the brick, the pumpkin, the wheat and that wonderful sentiment. Can you tell that I love every little bit of your card. Thank you for sharing and inspiring.

Unknown said...

Verna, this card is just gorgeous!! I love the layered look you created!!!

redwasher1 said...

Verna, another beautiful card!! Gorgeous coloring.

Peanut said...

Beautifully layered and stamped. Your colouring is flawless! Awesome card, Verna. The weather's crazy here too - we've had a hailstorm! Go figure! LOL.
hugs, Asha

Nancy said...

LOVE THIS CARD!!!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...