Saturday, September 27, 2014

What's Brewin"?

Well, by the stretch of the imagination I took a fish bowl from Repeat Impressions Plate 9700 and made it into a cauldron sitting on a fire. I added some bats from Sparkle N Sprinkle and computer generated my sentiment for a different kind of Halloween card. I also added a handle and used a silver paint pen for that. I colored it with Copics but around the outside edges I used a sponge and added Gina K. Designs Moonlight Fog, Blue Denim and Navy dye inks. I also used Black Momento to stamp my cauldron.


I don't know why but for some reason I dreamed up this design last night when sleep eluded me. LOL I guess I had Halloween on my mind.

I guess I will enter this into the challenge at Repeat Impressions DCC924-Fall and also the Modsquad Blog challenge which is a word challenge-namely HOLIDAY.

12 comments:

Sharyn Polesel said...

How cute is that! I love when I am able to use a stamp for something other than what was intended. Great job turning your fish bowl into a cauldron. Thanks for joining us this week at the Mod Squad.

Karen Hasheck said...

Brilliant use of the fish bowl! I am so pinning this and may case this idea for a future Repeat Impressions card- if ok with you. I too find stamping ideas come to me when trying to go to sleep at night. I keep a notebook by the bedside to write them down.

Peanut said...

Genius ... or Could It Be Magic?! You've turned a fishbowl into a cauldron. LOVE it!
hugs, Asha

Barbara said...

It's amazing what comes to you when sleep doesn't. For us crafter, thank God, it is usually a crafty idea. Your is fabulous! It is wonderful to stretch your stamps and use them in different ways. You have a unique card here, so much fun.

Unknown said...

Wonderful use of the fish bowl, Love the creativeness. As Barbara stated, unique, nobody else will have that card for sure.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome coloring on this pot!!

Patti J said...

What a great use of this stamp! Your card is wonderful! Thanks for joining us for our Fall DCC Challenge at The House that Stamps Built!

Barbara said...

Well I for one like what you "dreamed" up in your sleep! Love how you "MacGyvered" that cauldron. Genius, wish I could think of stuff like that. Great card!

Donna Ellis said...

wow! YOU should be creating stamps, too, Verna! This looks fabulous - from all the details right down to the amazing colors. What a fabulous card and piece of artwork! hugs, de

Cheri said...

I'm so inspired! This is a great way to get more out of your stamps and use your creative dreaming! So happy you're playing in the challenge at The House That Stamps Built!

Cheri said...

I'm so inspired! What a great way to use your creative dreaming to get more out of your stamps! I love this! So happy you entered it in the challenge at The House That Stamps Built.

redwasher1 said...

Verna, you are so clever!! Such a cool idea, love it!!!!! Thanks for joining us at RI.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...