Thursday, September 18, 2014

Welcome to Autumn

Yes, indeed! Autumn is right around the weekend and so in honor of that lovely season I did a very CAS design with my new stamps from the Gina K. Designs set from the new The Simple Things Stamp TV Kit. I just love the images in that kit and know I will be using them a lot. And Autumn is my favorite season with all it's gorgeous colors.


I used Gina K. Designs dye inks to ink up the images on my card. I sort of did a dab here and there with various colors of inks, starting with the lightest to achieve my colorful tree. And, I went clean and simple in design as that was the  Mix It Up Monday challenge for this week at Stamp TV.

Many of the trees are starting to drop their leaves since we had an early frost in our area last week. Even before summer was over which I think is the earliest I have ever seen frost in my lifetime. So with that event I found myself trying to get the last minute pickings of some of the veggies from the garden. We did get the tomatoes covered and so we are still getting a few ripe ones, but many of the other vegetation got hit hard enough so that we are not able to use the produce anymore. And, I started to dig the carrots and am processing some of them for use this winter. Oh, my! We have been blessed as my freezer is so full with goodness from our garden this year.

I hope this summer has blessed you as well. Isn't that a most wonderful sentiment on this card? I was thrilled when I saw that in the kit.

Well, have a wonderful Autumn my friends.

God bless,
Verna

8 comments:

Brenda said...

lovely as a tree :)

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Verna! I cannot believe you already have leaves dropping and we are still in the 90s! Yikes! I hope your tomatoes made it thru both frosts. Your tree looks so pretty with the multi color leaves! I especially like that they are swirled around the bottom with that motion involved! How pretty! hugs, de

Rosy Newlun said...

Hi sweet Verna! What a gorgeously colored tree! Great fall colors, and love how they fall down around the bottom of the trunk. And yes, beautiful sentiment, too. You are blessed in many, many ways and a full freezer and pantry is one of blessings to enjoy throughout winter! Frost already? Eeek.

Unknown said...

Lovely CAS card Verna

Carolyn said...

Verna, this is a simple design but oh so elegant!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun Autumn tree!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous tree. Love the falling leaves scenario. Beautiful warm colors. A knock-out!

Peanut said...

Truly lovely... beautiful sentiment too.
hugs, Asha

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...