Saturday, September 20, 2014

Clean and Simple: My Kind of Style

Well, doing a clean and simple card is more of my style and I seem to be more in my comfort zone with that too. I only had time to do one Christmas card today and it was one I stamped. I needed that special therapeutic need today to help me forget how the weather was affecting my arthritis. It worked too! LOL


I used the poinsettia image from the Gina K. Designs Holiday Basket set illustrated by Melanie Muenchinger. I also used the sentiment from the Gina K. Designs Season's Greetings set.  My poinsettias were stamped with Gina K. Designs Cranberry Tart dye ink and the sentiment was stamped in Gina K. Designs Christmas Pine dye ink.

And, yes, I got the sentiment a little out of kilter. Do they say that anymore? It was my ancestor's words for saying not quite straight. LOL

I used my Spectrom Noir pens to color in the poinsettias. Namely, numbers CR8 and CR11. For the centers of the poinsettias I added a pearl center using a Viva Sunny Yellow pearl pen. Card stocks used were Gina K. Designs Pure Luxury Ivory and Christmas Pine.

Since this is a CAS card I am entering it into the Mix It Up Monday challenge at Stamp TV.

Have a great rest of the weekend and thanks for stopping by.

God bless,
Verna

4 comments:

Unknown said...

what a beautiful card Verna!!! I love Christmas cards.

Angelica Schmidt said...

Such a beautiful CAS card! Love the poinsettias! Have a Blessed day!

Peanut said...

What a lovely CAS creation, Verna. Hope you are feeling better today.
hugs, Asha

Unknown said...

Wonderful card Verna. love the poinsettias.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...