Monday, September 22, 2014

Christmas Leaves

Yes, it is true according to Wikipedia that the poinsettia is actually a cluster of leaves and not a flower. It originated from Mexico. So today, I am showing you a beautiful Christmas cluster of leaves.


Again I used a Cuttlebug folder to emboss  part of the front panel of the card. This time I used the stamps from A Year of Flowers 2 which is similar to the other set of Gina K. Designs A Year of Flowers but these designs are more whispy looking. I am not sure that is the correct way to describe them, but they are slightly different and I love them. Both the sets are illustrated by Melanie Muenchinger. The sentiment is from the Gina K. Designs Season's Greetings set.

I stamped the poinsettia with black Momento ink. Then I colored one in the pink tones and one in the green tones. When assembling my card I cut up the green one and placed leaves here and there behind the pink poinsettia. I then added a two tone pink ribbon across the front panel before layering it onto Christmas Pine card stock. The sentiment was stamped in Christmas pine dye ink too from Gina K. Designs.

Anyway, since the challenge for this new week's Stamp TV Mix It Up Monday is to use leaves, I will be entering this card in that challenge.

Have a great rest of the day everyone. Thanks for stopping by.

God bless,
Verna

3 comments:

CRAFTY VIDEOS TIPS said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Donna Ellis said...

and they are beautiful indeed, Miss Verna! hugs, de

Peanut said...

So sweet and pretty, Verna. Love the embossed bg.
hugs, Asha

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...