Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Color Emboss Resist on Bister Background

Yes, indeed! I am still playing with the Bisters. This time though I made a background I was not too enthused about it but when the challenge came for us to use Fall colors for the Monday Challenge at Stamp TV and to do some embossed resist I figured this was a good way to use up a background that was not as colorful. I was right. I love the result I got with this idea!


I used the leaf image and sentiment from the Fall Foliage set by Gina K. Designs. I stamped the leaves with Versamark ink onto my pale Bister background and then added clear embossing powder and heat set it. When I had it cooled down I then added brown and red dye inks with a sponge dauber. The darker the inks over the top the more clear the leaves popped out. I then took a paper towel and wiped off the leaves so that the ink would not cover the leaves and they popped even more clearly then.

Since there was a hint of pink in the leaves from the Bister background, I layered my design first on dark brown card stock and then onto the light pink. I also layered another strip of brick colored card stock onto the dark brown and pink too. These were then added to the cream base card. In the opposite corners I added a glittery dark brown ribbon. I also stamped the saying in dark brown ink too. My card was finished with just a small bit of cream and brown pearl bling in the upper right corner.

So here is a lesson learned. Even if you are not completely satisfied as to how a Bister background looks, don't toss it. Keep it until the perfect occasion for it's use comes along. I just love the look achieved with this method.

Well, I hope you are enjoying your first days of September. Hard to believe it is here already. I love Autumn but still I want to feel the warmth of summer for a few more days yet. I hope we get some hot and dry weather as the crops in this area need it still. It has been a strange year weather wise and it seems we had more cooler days than normal and lots of rain. But I guess the Lord is in charge and he knows our needs better than we do. So thank you Lord! We are grateful for the rain.

God bless,
Verna

13 comments:

Brenda said...

Gorgeous!!!

Fenny said...

This one is awesome Verna, a great card......!

Donna Ellis said...

What a fabulous effect, Miss Verna! Immediately I thought WOWOW when your card popped up,and I have pinned it to try to case it later on. Great textures and shine! hugs, de

Kathy Krug said...

Love your layout and the technique came out beautifully on your Bister background.

Barbara said...

Wowzer! This is a winner. Love the colors and the layout. You do amazing this with that bister stuff.

Peanut said...

And yet another stunner, Verna. LOVE the warm spicy look. Can you smell the pumpkin pie already?!
hugs, Asha

Barbara said...

Verna your card is gorgeous! Love that background, your embossed leaves and the layout of this card. However having been out of the proverbial card loop I'm going to have to look up Bister...have never heard of it, your incredible card has given me incentive to give it a try.

Joyce Erb said...

Gorgeous! Mine is on the way

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful colours and card. Love it.

redwasher1 said...

Another absolutely stunning card!! I love how you have been doing these backgrounds so much I ordered some Bisters also. Now to give it a try!!

Darnell said...

You definitely were right, Verna! That background is absolutely perfect for this stunning card! Hugs, Darnell

Rush'd Lady said...

Kept looking for a like button. Guess I'm used to Facebook! LOL! I love this card. Very pretty!

Unknown said...

Beautiful!!! This stuff rocks!!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...