Saturday, September 6, 2014

White Pine Christmas With Bisters

I made this background last week but never got around to using it. Today I had a few moments and decided since my Christmas card stash is very depleted that I would make it into a Christmas card.


I used the Gina K. Designs stamps again. The white pine cone image is from the Stately Flowers 6 and the sentiment is from the Stately Flowers 5 sets. I stamped them onto the Bisters background with Gina K. Designs black ink. I only colored over the needles with a water based marker and then added some white to have it look like a bit of snow on the needles. The pine cone I stamped with the Gina K. Designs black ink and then used an old Tombo blending pen which went dry to add the bleach. Once I had it bleached out I then colored in with a lighter brown water based marker. And, again over the top of the cones I added some white gel pen to make it look like some snow on the cone.

My snowflake background on the red is an embossing folder from the Cuttlebug Winter Wonderland series of embossing folders. There were several that came as a set. Once I had the red card stock embossed I took Gina K. Designs white ink pad and swiped over the background so that the flakes would pop more.

My focal image on the Bister background and a piece of acetate were die cut from Spellbinders Majestic Labels Twenty-Five set. Before I fastened them together with gold brads I took my Sailor Gold Pen and went around the outer edges of the inside layer. I placed some gold fiber from Gina K. Designs behind the die cut  and then added it with pop dots onto the snowflake background. I finished the design by adding the sentiment which was embossed in gold onto the strip of white vellum. My base card was white card stock.

I tied the design on the outside with the inside by adding a portion of the pine cone in the lower left corner. Only thing left to do with the card is to add an inside sentiment.

Yay! One more card added to my stash.

This card will be entered into the Mod Squad Blog Challenge for this week in which vellum and acetate were to be used on a holiday card.

16 comments:

Carol L said...

I just love that image panel and the soft look of it all! The pines and pinecone look so real, it's like you just plucked them from the tree! Beautiful background too!

Judy Woodland said...

Beautiful Verna. I wanted you to know that I have been following your blog, but we are camping up on Lake Superior, and the internet is spotty. I have to say I have missed my craft room greatly!! I love how you used the elements of the challenge here. This is one of my favorite stamps, and you have used it perfectly. Really pretty card!

Barbara said...

You have really been just knowing out the gorgeous cards Verna! This one is the best yet. I love that pine one, almost used it myself. I sincerely hope that you win

Fenny said...

Wonderful card Verna and what you did with the pine cone is adorable. It looks great all that white and it looks like snow what is fallen on that pine cone. Hope you win the challenge.

Kathy Krug said...

Wow!! I love this. It is so unique.

Angelica Schmidt said...

Just gorgeous! Great job my dear! Have a Blessed day!

Karen Hightower said...

Gorgeous Card Verna. I love the background and the treatment on the pinecone. Great use of the velum and acetate. Thanks so much for joining in this week. :)

Carolyn said...

Beautiful Christmas card Verna. I love all of your backgrounds using Bister. You are definitely having a great time with this product.

Hugs,
Carolyn

Sharyn Polesel said...

I love your gorgeous focal image! It looks great on that pretty background!

Peanut said...

Oh my word! You really rock those Bisters. LOVE the bg you created, so perfect for the pine cone and needles. Stellar job, Verna!
hugs, Asha

Brenda said...

What a pretty, soft and subtle look - beautiful

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Wow! This is just beautiful! Amazing coloring!

Dee Earnshaw said...

Amazing card, Verna. Really creative and distinctive

Donna Ellis said...

ohhhhhhhhh! LOVE how beautiful and ELEGANT, and I can almost hear Nature whispering her gift of love to me through your card, Verna! beautiful! xo

Rush'd Lady said...

After looking at this pinecone card several times, here and on Facebook, I've come to really liking this pinecone card. Pretty! Are you going to make several more, cause I'm putting my order in for one for my Christmas greetings! LOL! Thanks for showing us your backgrounds, Verna and yes, it's chilly down here in MO.

Unknown said...

OMGosh, Verna, this is a stunner. I am loving your Bister cards. TFS!!!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...