Thursday, June 2, 2016

Another Christmas Card

This is a card I also made this week for Christmas. It is done with mostly dies and I just love the design of it. I know I will be doing more similar to this one for sure.


I just love that background paper I used for a backing for the wreath design and other dies. The pattern paper is from Gina K. Designs. And all the dies are from Cheery Lynn Designs except for the little bird embellishment which is from David Tutera.


The little bird was part of a prize package and this was the first time I have used anything from that little package of birds. There are several more in it so I am sure I will be incorporating a bird in more cards. I thought he looked so cute perched on the wreath.



The colors used on this card are card stocks in the color of Christmas Pine, Cranberry Tart and Ivory and all are from the Gina K. Designs line.

Cheery Lynn Designs Dies used:
Joy To The World Wreath B481
Lace Corner Deco A B161

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Cheery Lynn Designs Blog Challenge
Scrapy Land Challenge
Dies R Us Challenge

Thanks for looking at my newest Christmas card. I enjoyed making it.

But today I also took the walker and went out into the yard to get some photos of my peonies while they still looked fairly nice. I am sharing a few photos with  you and if you have a peony image you need to color you can check out these. Seeing the colors might be useful to you. I only have the deep red and the pink ones. But I know they come in white as well.














I hope you enjoyed my little post today and that the flowers will brighten your day too! 

God bless,
Verna




13 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Your Christmas card is beautiful! I love your wreath with the bird and the background paper is perfect for your card! I think your peonies look amazing! I sure wish they lasted a bit longer though! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

Darlene said...

Beautiful holiday creation Verna! LOL ... I just walked around my yard today snapping photos of my flowers too. My peonies popped out over night ... as did a few other things ... so pretty this time of year. I have the pink with white centers ... yours are gorgeous! Anyways LOL ...
Thanks so much for playing in our ‘BIRDS’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Patti said...

Hello dear friend,

I hope you will forgive me for missing so many of your beautiful posts!! I have been super busy preparing for my granddaughter's visit. She will arrive tonight and I'm busting with excitement. I just didn't want another day to go by without popping in to say hello and let you know I will be back soon!!

BIG (((Hugs)))
Patti

Donna Ellis said...

Oh! You get to grow peonies! I am SO JEALOUS! They are beyond gorgeous - do they have a scent? Our gardenias and magnolias are blooming! Your Christmas card is wonderful - I love the inlaid die cuts and pretty Christmasy colors. I'm proud of you for getting your Christmas cards done a little at a time! Very pretty! hugs, de

Unknown said...

Pretty card. Love the colors and all the dies you used! AND your peonies are glorious! WOW!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love the Christmas card Verna. Great use of these gorgeous dies and papers. Your peonies are glorious! Thanks for sharing!

Judy Woodland said...

Your peonies are just beautiful. Mine are still in the bud, but I counted over 30! I have only the one plant by the back door, so I see it every time I leave the house. As much as I don't want to think about Christmas right now, your card is beautiful. LOVE that you used so many dies. Well done!!

Unknown said...

Very striking one Verna. Anyone would be happy to receive it.

Kathy Krug said...

Wonderful design. Love how you added the bird to the wreath.

Karen Dunbrook said...

such a pretty card mf...
My peonies are just starting to bloom...hope the storm we had last night didn't crush them.

Juliz Design Post said...

What a great Christmas design and lovely festive colours. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and for the lovely comment you left on my Rooster card, you made my day !
Hugs, Julie x

Bonnie Garby said...

Another beautiful Christmas card Verna! Thanks so much for participating in the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge this week and good luck.

Peanut said...

Beautiful card, Verna. Gorgeous flowers too.
x Asha

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...