Friday, June 10, 2016

Scoring Background

This is a clean and simple Christmas card and I am entering this in the Mod Squad Blog Challenge and also in the Mix It Up Monday Challenge at Stamp TV.



I started out with glossy white card stock and proceeded to make my score lines with my score board. Once I had my scoring design done I then took the tree from the Gina K. Designs Merry Tree set and stamped it in Christmas Pine ink. I was hoping that some of the score lines would show up and they do a little bit under the tree stamping.


I took a base card of glossy card stock and over that placed the Cranberry Tart gingham pattern paper. Then I added my tree panel. I also added some of the gingham paper inside the card. The last thing I did was to add a enamel dot from Stampin' Up to the star on top of the trees.


I told you it was a clean and simple design. I might have to show you another one with this Merry Tree image another day. But for now this will end my posts today. I really like that solid image and it works up for great quick card designing.

Well, have a good evening.
God bless,
Verna

10 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Love your scored tile effect! Fantastic inked trees atop the scoring! Thanks for sharing a new technique! Hugs, de

Unknown said...

Love the look of tile on your scored background! Another pretty Christmas card!

Judy Woodland said...

This is so cool, Verna. LOVE the texture, especially on the glossy card stock. Wonderful tiled Christmas card!!

Unknown said...

And....Thanks so much for playing along with us again at The Mod Squad Challenge Donna, Challenge Host.

Unknown said...

Great card. Love to see what you are comjng up with next when the posts come.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great gingham framing~

Karen Dunbrook said...

cute card mf...the gingham makes is to fun!
hugs,
K

Joyce Erb said...

Nice and cheery, love those trees

Patti said...

LOVE this clever technique!! You have created so many wonderful cards since I have been away! I love visiting your blog Verna!

Patti

Peanut said...

Brilliant idea...the scoring adds interest, for sure!
x Asha

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...