Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Coffee Friendship

Here is my final coffee themed card for this time around. I did enjoy working with coffee though and I am sure these stamps will be used again and again. I just love how the solid images in this Coffee Therapy set from Gina K. Designs works so well for card making. I am also entering this in the Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop as well.


The base of the card is ivory and I added a layer of kraft that I had dry embossed with a Cheery Lynn Designs die called French Lattice Small Frame FRM-132, It may not show up as much on this photo but hopefully in some of the others you can see it better.


Next I stamped the cups all over that kraft embossed background and before I layered it on the ivory base I added a dark chocolate and white gingham ribbon. My inks of choice were Gina K. Designs Dark Chocolate.

The sentiment and two of the cups were stamped with the Dark Chocolate ink on ivory and then I die cut the sentiment out with an scalloped circle die from Cheery Lynn Designs. I also cut another circle out with the dark chocolate card stock. I layered them together then and added them to the card front panel.

The cups I fussy cut and popped them up around the scalloped circles by the sentiment to finish the card front design. I also stamped a row of cups inside the card too.


I hope you enjoyed this little series of coffee designs. This is the first year I have participated in this challenge so I worked with the images I had on hand in my private supply. I prefer to work with actual stamps but I might have to select a few cute digis that I saw in other cards in this hop. It has been so fun to see all the wonderful designs. And, I truly thank all who have stopped by to check out what I have done and to leave comments.

God bless,
Verna

36 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

So sweet...just as wonderful on the inside!

Sylvia said...

Fun card, Verna! TFS! Have a good evening!

Karren said...

Fabulous card! These coffee cups look wonderful all lined up!

Becca Yahrling said...

Super cute design - love!

Migdalia said...

Super cute & fun!

Macimbalo said...

Verna, this is so cute, love the coffee colors!

Gail said...

Loving that background!

Ann said...

So fun. Love the black and kraft.

Lisa said...

Oooh! Love how you embossed this! Awesome!

New Creations said...

So cute and super fun!

Doudou said...

Beautiful card. Love your background!

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow! Gorgeus card!

Teresa Kline said...

super cute card! I am giving away old/retired Verve stamps on my blog....comment for your chance at winning

http://paperieblooms.blogspot.com/2016/06/youre-best.html

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Teresa Kline said...

super cute card! I am giving away old/retired Verve stamps on my blog....comment for your chance at winning

http://paperieblooms.blogspot.com/2016/06/youre-best.html

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Barbara said...

Sweet card Verna! Love the repeation on the background with the dry embossing.

Michele K. Henderson said...

Love the sentiment on your pretty card!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love the neutral color of your card, CAS and very pretty.

Olga Moore said...

Another cool coffee card! Love the layout of all those cups. And the 2 cups popped on the sentiment are a perfect accompaniment to your sentiment. Love it!

Unknown said...

Love this one Verna. You will find digis can be fun as well because you can make any size you want for any card. Use both here and always have.

Judy Woodland said...

Super, super cute card, Birthday Girl!!! I love how you have made your patterned paper, and that ribbon is the perfect final touch. Great coffee-challenge card, well done!!

Julia Aston said...

Love your coffee mug stamped background!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super fun coffee card - great background!

~amy~ said...

Love all your stamping and that embossing is perfect!

Kelly Szafron said...

Great card, fun background. Very cute stamps!

Donna Ellis said...

Well I hope you got your coffee fix this week, Verna! I have enjoyed seeing the broad market range of coffee images in your stash, and the many styles used in your fun creations! It was great talking with you today, on your birthday! God's gift to the rest of us! Hope you had a good time this evening, too! XO

Karen B. said...

Great monochromatic design!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so fabulous

Beverley said...

Beautifully stamped, loving the neutral tones too. Hugs Bev (Uniko) x

Helen F. said...

Fabulous card!

Tonya said...

Great card!

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful, love all of the mugs!

StampingbugKerry said...

Love the images stamped on the background. :)

Atchaya(Akshma) said...

nice

Helen Gullett said...

Wow! This is fantastic!!

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is beautiful! I love your stamped background!

Joyce Erb said...

Great card, I love coffee and coffee cards LOL

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...