Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Football Dad's Day

I needed another card for Father's Day so I went with a purple, gold and white color arrangement and finally made it into a card for a dad who is a Vikings fan. I am entering this in the Crop Stop Linky Party #17 and Double D's  Blog Challenge.


I used glossy card stock for the whole card design. First I stamped the ties randomly all over the white base to make a background. I used images and the sentiment from the Lawn Fawn Dad's Day stamp set for the background. The inks I used were Gina K. Designs Wild Lilac and Prickly Pear.

The football player image is from an old stamp I purchased year's back and it is from L. A. Stampworks. I am not sure if they are in business anymore or not. I colored it with Zig markers except for the sky which was sponged in with Gina K. Designs Ocean Mist ink with a small make-up sponge dauber and then I die cut it with a Die-Namics die from the My Favorite Things line called Wonky Stitched Ovals MFT-843. I also cut another oval using the die from the white glossy card stock and colored it by using a direct to paper inking of the Wild Lilac. This way it was a match to the background colors. This was the layer then for the focal image and once together I popped it up on the card.



Well, I think I will get these cards for the dads in the family signed and addressed this afternoon so they get into the mail tomorrow. And, if time still permits I will maybe do another card design.

You have a great afternoon and thanks for visiting.

God bless,
Verna

8 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

He's a super cute little guy! Love the ties and bow ties background too! Fun Dad's day card.

Darlene said...

FABULOUS creation and love the design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘One for the Boys’! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Patti said...

Oh wow! this is cute! I love the Viking colors you used and your sweet little player is colored perfectly!

Patti

Unknown said...

What a super card for a football person. Love it.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Cute football player

Judy Woodland said...

How adorable, and what a great idea to do the Vikings colors. Really cute layout, and that image is just the sweetest thing. This just makes me smile!!!

Peanut said...

Oh so cute, Verna!
x Asha

Diane said...

Super cute card for a 'guy'!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...