Friday, June 10, 2016

Dad's Day!

I worked up a Father's Day card and will be entering it in the following challenges: Simon Says Wednesday Challenge, Mod Squad Blog Challenge, Cheery Lynn Designs Blog Challenge and the Scrapy Land Blog Challenge.


I used hot sizzlin' summer colors on my card. The background was done on glossy paper and I used hot colors along with the Tiny Textures stamp set from Gina K. Designs. The sentiment and chair image are from the Dad's Day set from Lawn Fawn.


The chair image was popped up over the sentiment which was die cut from jelly bean green card stock with a banner die by Cheery Lynn Designs. I then layered that banner onto card stock in a similar blue color as the ink on the card. The base of the card was in sweet mango card stock and the layer next to that was sweet corn yellow card stock. All the inks and card stock are from Gina K. Designs. I originally had the chair stamped in Tomato Soup dye ink but later I decided I preferred the black chair instead. It went well with the black texture I had stamped over the paint swipes images.


Cheery Lynn Designs Dies used:
Card Maker's Stacker's Nesting Dies A2 size ST 014
Pierced Banners DL303

It is very appropriate to use hot sizzlin' colors as we are getting up into the 90's these days. Our AC gets turned on mid afternoon now and runs all night. By morning it seems cool enough to leave it off for awhile. So if inside we remain fairly comfy. I hope you are staying cool too if the hot weather is affecting you. And, of course, this triggers T-storms so it is very humid as well! At any rate, have a great weekend.

God bless,
Verna

11 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Oooh! Love your sizzling colors and fantastic background! Wow! xxoo

Judy Woodland said...

Super cute card. LOVE the easy chair, what a great Father's Day card. Wonderful colors, just makes me happy!!1

Unknown said...

FABULOUS colors, love that stamp set! This does make a perfect Father's Day card! Awesome banner die too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Mod Squad Challenge Donna, Challenge Host.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Another fun background

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Verna!
This is FABULOUS! I would love to have you share this with us at these two challenge blogs. They're both always Anything Goes, and you can win some awesome prizes at both challenges. I really hope that you will stop by and link up with us.
Karen Letchworth, Challenge Coordinator
Word Art Wednesday
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
AND
CropStop
www.cropstop.com/blog

Karen Dunbrook said...

super cute Verna...love the swishes done in all the different colours...well done!
hugs,
K

jenn shurkus said...

such a fun fathers day card! i love how colorful it is :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

Peanut said...

Awesome card - LOVE the background.
x Asha

Eva said...

What a fun card this is! Thank you for playing along with us in this week's Cheery Lynn Design's Challenge.

Bonnie Garby said...

Fabulous card! Thanks so much for participating in the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge this week and good luck.

Lisa said...

Super cute and colorful! Thanks for joining us this week with Cheery Lynn Designs!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...