Friday, June 24, 2016

Morning Paper Shy Bear

I am doing some purging of old wood rubber stamps and I ran across this particular one and I think I am going to keep it around a bit longer. I love this image and it works for masculine cards for many occasions. For that reason I did not add a sentiment as it could be a birthday, retirement, get well or a just because type of card. The stamp image is from the Merry Stamper line and can be found at I Brake For Stamps.



I stamped the image with Versafine Onyx Black ink on white card stock and then colored it with my Zig watercolor markers and did a more or less scribbly type of coloring. In other words I did not do a lot of blending.


The image was die cut with a Memory Keepers stitched borders die and from there I layered it onto black. Before I added this panel to the base card of turquoise card stock I added some black and white fiber to add a bit of an accent to the card.


This card will be entered in the following challenges:

Double D's Blog Challenge-One for the Boys
Scrapy Land Blog Challenge #44 -Masculine
Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop

And as always thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such wonderful comments.

God bless,
Verna

27 comments:

Unknown said...

hahaha that is super cute! Could be for so many different masculine themes! CUTE!!!

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow! Too cute!!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Adorable - and yep, a keeper

Ceal said...

Super cute!

Karen B. said...

Such a cute image!

Ina G said...

Oh Verna this bear and your card is simply adorable. No way would I get rid of that stamp. As you said great for male cards or that bear could even be female and reading a craft magazine lol. Love it. Such a lovely change from seeing girly cards.

Rosy Newlun said...

Madly in love!!!! How sweet is this? I would not get rid of this image either, wood or clear. It's adorable!! I hope you win the challenges because this is precious (and probably great for Arlin) ♥

New Creations said...

Such a cute image, love it!

Doudou said...

Very cute card!!!

Barbara said...

You should see the big smile I had on my face when I saw this cute adorable scene on your card. You are right to keep,this one.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Is that the donut monster? Great card and fun.

Becca Yahrling said...

this is hilarious & cute!

~amy~ said...

Such a fun image...check out his leg is on the table! I'm going to say those are donuts instead of bagels....donuts are much more delish than bagels.

Donna Ellis said...

Darling image, Verna, and such a wonderful color palette! Recently, our newspaper was purchased by another company. Somehow, our name just kept falling off the delivery person's route - even though we had the same delivery person! LOL Jack is the one who reads the paper. Anyway, it's been about a month, and he has switched from the paper to the iPad LOL Less recycling.

I love your card! (can I stop by for one of the dough-nuts?) xo

Olga Moore said...

Verna, this is so darn cute! I can think of many occasions this masculine card could be used for. Great job!

Sylvia said...

Cute card, Verna, hope you had a good birthday, enjoyed hopping by your place!

Hetty said...

Totally adorable card.

Tonya said...

Great card!

*Vicki* said...

AWE!! I just love Shy Bear!! Your coloring is absolutely incredible!! Great card! HUGS

Helen F. said...

Fantastic and Fun!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh so fun, I love it

Unknown said...

Being a bear person, absolutely love this one. So cool for a guy.

Lisa said...

Omg...THAT is adorable! Love that image and yes! You should definitely keep it.....or send it to me!...lolololol! Love your card! And yes. I love to keep my cards so I can use them for almost any occasion!

Beverley said...

This is so cute and beautifully coloured. Hugs Bev (Uniko) x

KT Fit Kitty said...

What a cute and fun little scene stamp! I would definitely hang on to this one! But if you don't want it, I'll take it haha! Your card is gorgeous! Love how you coloured it!

Maya said...

So simple, but touching moment of the morning. It's so close for everyone )

Joyce Erb said...

Awww, so sweet and nicely colored

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...