Friday, January 23, 2015

Narrow Spring Card

I joined the Stamp TV Kit Addicts group and there was a challenge to make a narrow card this month using images from any Stamp TV Kit that was put out by Gina K. Designs. So I decided to try a card with that size in mind and I really like the end result. Using pattern paper was also a requirement.



The size of the white base card is 3 1/2 " by 5 1/2". I also used Dark Chocolate card stock to layer my pattern paper on. The Spellbinder Labels 4 was used to cut a white layer and again the next size larger die from the Spellbinder Labels 4 set to make a Chocolate Brown layer. On the white layer I stamped the leaves from the Spring Blessings set from the Shabby Spring TV kit in Gina K. Designs Grass Green ink, Then I stamped the flowers also from that set in Gina K. Designs Bubblegum ink. A third blossom was stamped on another piece of white card stock and then fussy cut that out and popped over the other two blossoms. I finished the center white area by adding the sentiment from the same stamp set and some pearl bling. Before I put all the layers onto the base card I added a green ribbon across the top and tried to match the green color in the pattern paper as close as I could. 

This is a card that could work for many occasions with that sentiment I used. Hey! Even a Valentine!

Have a great weekend! Mine will be busy so no more art work for this week.

God bless,
Verna

10 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

Ooooo - I love this. Why do I never think of changing the size of my cards, except for maybe an occasional square one. And remember those tall thin ones that used to be so popular. Think I'll try something like that. I love all the colors on your card, and the way the stamps go so perfectly with your patterned paper. AWESOME card! Oh. and I love those pearl accents too.

Barbara said...

Looks and sounds yummy! Love the change in shape. As Judy says, I should try it too.

TWeber said...

Very pretty, Verna. I love browns and pinks together, so this really hit my fancy! Do you make your own envelopes to fit the "odd" sized cards? Thanks for sharing!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Quite fabulous!!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Great card design and colors!

Unknown said...

Love the design and the colours., Another beauty that can be for almost anything

Becky said...

This is pretty Verna. Nice size and gorgeous colors.

Peanut said...

SO pretty... can't wait for spring. Great idea to keep it simple and let the paper and flowers shine. Well done, Verna.
hugs, Asha

Penny Nichols said...

This is pretty! I like the way you did the sentiment with the bouquet.

Unknown said...

Just gorgeous!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...