Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Ornate Lattice Valentine

For Christmas I treated myself to a few Die'sire Create-A-Card dies from Crafter's Companion because they were so elegant and would make up into a quick card when I needed one. But what I liked about the Ornate Lattice die is that it can be a building foundation for even more designing. With the use of Cheery Lynn Designs circle dies I replaced the center area with a plain circle of pink and white so that I could add a sentiment there.


I further modified the original die by cutting off the edges as I wanted to have a white layer of the base card show to match the white center. I cut the lattice out of Wild Orchid card stock. I then layered this onto a Bubble Gum pink card stock before adding it to the white base. If I had left the die in the original cut it would fit an A2 card all the way to the edge as it would have a border of the same card stock color.

I used the Gina K. Designs sentiment from the Stately Flowers 6 set again. I also added some little hearts that fell out of a previous die I had used from Cheery Lynn Designs. They worked great for extra bling.

I also purchased the Die'sire Delicate Flower Die set. With the dies from this set I cut a pink and a orchid flower and layered them together to make my bloom. I also added the little leaf design which came with the die set which I cut out in green card stock. To the center of this little flower I added a pink rhinestone gem. My card was then finished with the addition of a bow which I made with my Craft-Dee BowZ bow making tool.

Even though this is a more non-traditionally colored card design for Valentine's Day I think it will still work wonderfully. But it could be a design that would work for any occasion with just the change of the sentiment or colors used.

I had made this card earlier in the week and just now got to posting it. But I guess it is better late then never.

I hope you are having a good evening and I thank you for the lovely comments you always leave.

God bless,
Verna

4 comments:

Penny Odell said...

Verna I love this card!! It is so beautiful. I love that lattice!

Becky said...

This is beautiful Verna. I love that lattice too, and awesome colors.

Asha said...

Quite an unusual colour combo ... but it works! The lattice bg is beautiful, Verna.
hugs, Asha

Lisa Babitz said...

Very pretty. I do like your non-traditional color choice!