Friday, March 6, 2020

Best Friends

I wanted to make a card for the Impression Obsession Challenge-Best Friends but it was a little bit of a challenge for me as I did not have any people stamps or dies that would work as one has to use only Impression Obsession products. But I put my thinking cap on and finally came up with this for my entry. These two little chicks are best friends.



I die cut two of the chicks from white card stock and colored the dies parts with markers. I then die cut the frame in white and black and used the white portion to make my background using stamps and markers. I also brushed on some blue for the sky and thus made a background scene and placed my chicks in the foreground. It sort of reminds me of them looking in through a window from outside. The sentiment and tulips are also Impression Obsession products.

Supplies used:
DIE860-WW Large Frame
DIE962-J Chick Frame
CL872 Flower Pots stamp set
CL653 Mini Messages 3 stamp set
Gina K. Design Card Stock
Crafters Companion Dotted Glue Runner
Blending Brushes
Bic and Sharpie Markers
Gina K. Designs Ink Pads

All of these products except for Mini Messages 3 can be found at the Impression Obsession website. I think perhaps that is a retired set.

Have a great weekend everyone. I plan on writing out several cards for shut ins and also for lots of March birthdays. And don't forget to move all your clocks ahead Sunday morning. We do ours before we go to bed. I sure will miss that hour of sleep though. It always takes my body a while to adjust. In case you get confused always remember the saying: "Spring Ahead, Fall Back".

Take care and God bless,
Verna

30 comments:

Rosy Newlun said...

These sweet little chicks are adorable together! Very creative design, Verna 😍

kiwimeskreations said...

What a sweet card Verna - love those wee chicks and how you have used them,
If you are about to put your clocks forward, that means ours will soon be going back - the days are now cooling and the evenings shortening here...
Blessings
Maxine

Barbara said...

This is the sweetest spring card. Those two chicks are the best of friends and you are once again clever in using them.

Diane said...

These little ducks are so CUTE!! What a clever idea for 'best friends'...I am so hoping I can once again have time to join some challenges this month as they are so fun.....adorable card!!

Judy Woodland said...

Well aren't you clever, though? What a great take on the challenge, and your card is so stinkin' cute. It just makes me smile, well done!!!

Dawn S. said...

Your card is so cute! Those chicks do look like best friends.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Isn’t this fun! I love the cute little chicks. I have IO products but rarely can come up with an entire design using only their products. You have been quite creative here.

Donna Ellis said...

Your chickies are extra sweet, and so appropriate coming from a farm, Verna! They are darling, and will make your recipient feel even more loved! hugs, de

Kathy Krug said...

The chicks are perfect for the challenge. The background,sentiment and large frame are perfect for your scene.

Brenda in IN said...

These are sweet little chicks and pretty little bouquets of tulips. The black frame looks awesome.

Mac Mable said...

Such a fun way to interpret the challenge theme Verna. An adorable card and super cute chicks x.

laurie said...

That was some quick thinking and a very creative card...those chicks are adorable!!

Liz said...

Such a sweet design, Verna. Lovely card. xx

Bunny said...

Your little chicks are adorable. I like the tulips, also.

I am one of those people that don't like setting the clocks ahead an hour. It'll take my body awhile to get used to the schedule. We also set our clocks ahead before we go to bed, too. [Bunny]`

Shona Erlenborn said...

Darling little chicks popping up behind the window! Great design, Verna!

Daniela Dobson said...

Adorable card!

TK said...

your sweet chick friends are so sweet! Great job

Greta said...

How clever & cute, Verna!

Lisa Babitz said...

Your best friend chicks are so cute! (I have been enjoying the last few cards you've posted; I had been away for the past 2 weeks and could not leave blogspot site comments from my phone for some reason.)

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how cute! This really makes me smile, Verna. Those chicks are adorable and I love the pretty spring scene you made for them!

wannabcre8tive said...

Awwww, your card is adorable. Love those chickie's.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super cute chickies! Fun card.

Carol L said...

That's a super cute pair of spring chicks with the bouquets of flowers! Fun :)

Karen Dunbrook said...

so adorable....just a big reminder that Spring is coming; just not fast enough for my liking.
xx Karen

Patti J said...

Your thinking cap must be awesome, as you rocked this fun card! Great job, and hope you win the challenge! Thanks for sharing!

Vicki Dutcher said...

So fun! Love that black framing also

Lisa said...

Hahaha! It does look like they're peeking into a window... love this!

Dandi93 said...

Adorable, You've done an awesome job with the challenge Verna, Two ducks are better than one... :)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Soooo cute! I never play in their challenges because of their absolutely ridiculous requirements. so many other ones to play in - just for fun!

wannabcre8tive said...

Congratulations, on winning the IO challenge with this cute card.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...