Thursday, March 5, 2020

Springtime Robin

I recently acquired this Robin digital set from  Beccy's Place as it is being retired and I wanted to grab it before it was no longer available. I love it and I can see this design working for Get Well, Sympathy, Spring or Thinking of You type cards. I used the colored digital design so no credit to me for the coloring. I love the way Beccy has it colored.


After I had the design arranged along with a sentiment I then printed it out and cut it down to a 5 x 3 3/4 size panel with my paper cutter. With blending brushes I added some blue around the robin image. I then layered that panel to a pink layer of pearl shimmer card stock before placing it onto a white card stock base. 

The image used is from the  Beccy's Place Robin set and the sentiment is from Beccy's Place Fallow Fields set. It is nice when one can grab a sentiment from another set and add it to a card design much the same as when I make cards with my other non-digital stamps. 

I am entering this in the following challenges:

Thanks for visiting. I hope to be back later today with another post so don't go away. 

God bless,
Verna

11 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is so very pretty!

Inkyfingers said...

This is such a pretty and soothing card, Verna. In our country, robins are often used for sympathy cards too. There is a saying that 'loved ones are near when robins appear'. Is it the same in the USA?
Hugs
Carol x

Carol L said...

Beautiful digi image and a perfect card for spring - which lurks just around the corner :)

Leslie Miller said...

How pretty! This bird would work for anything. Gorgeous card, Verna!

Karen Page said...

Wise of you to grab this image before it was gone! Beccy has some great images to work with, and sometimes you have to recognize when the colored artwork cannot be improved upon! I love how you color coordinated the mat layer, and I'm sure it looks even better in real life where you can fully appreciate the shimmer. Thank you for sharing this at 2CCC and I hope you come back to play again real soon!

Jan Mahew said...

Verna, Such a lovely creation that makes me think that spring is close! Thank you for playing along with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge and sharing your excellent talents with us. HAPPY CRAFTING and GOOD LUCK!
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

Elizabeth said...

This sweet image, and the card, are especially lovely to me because spring is my favorite season and I grew up in Wisconsin, where the robin is the state bird. <3 Very pretty card!!

Dawn S. said...

Such a pretty card! I saw some robins in my back yard a couple of weeks ago. It is always a sign that Spring is coming!

Vicki Dutcher said...

I do adore bird cards - this is lovely with the pretty blue sky too

Lisa said...

Beautiful! I do love that image... it is so versatile and you could use it so many different ways..

Dandi93 said...

Beautiful card Verna, Great use of a precolored image... Adding the sponged edges for the sky was the perfect touch

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...