Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Kitchen Tag Card

I admired a die that my blogging friend Leslie Miller used on her card recently and I was prompted to purchase the die for myself as I loved that darling apron design. It is a Cottage Cutz die set called Kitchen Chef. I also used the wonderful March digital stamp design offered free at Beccy's Place Challenge. I printed the yummy cheery pie design and then die cut it with an Impression Obsession tag die called Stitched Tag. To this tag I added a sentiment from the Impression Obsession Flower Pots stamp set.


I die cut the apron set out of white card stock and then with blending brushes and markers added my colors. I thought the apron with the cherry on it worked well with the cherry pie digital image. And, note the cloth under the pie is a blue and white gingham too. I also brushed on color around the edges of the gingham card stock too. Some white paint pen was added to the cherries and the hearts. When all elements were finished the way I wanted them I then assembled the card.

I am entering this in the following challenges:
Beccy's Place March Challenge-All About Food
Dies R Us Challenge #140-Tag, You're It!

Another fun day of crafting. And, once I get the dishes done I will work on a few more card designs. I have lots of ideas roaming around these days now that I am back to feeling normal.

Take care and God bless,
Verna

15 comments:

Barbara Bruder said...

Oh my this is ADORABLE!!! It's too stinkin' cute!! Hope you are having a good week so far.

Karen Dunbrook said...

sweet card mf....love the vintage feel it has.
xx Karen

KT Fit Kitty said...

So adorable, Verna, love your new die!

Shona Erlenborn said...

That is a great new die and it goes so well with the Cherry pie design. Love all the gingham too!

Darlene said...

Oh Verna this is just awesome! LOVE your choice of color and yes, that die set is precious! I too saw Leslie's card and was SO tempted but I resisted! BUT now seeing it here too ... hmmm, I just might have to go shopping! LOL Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Dies R Us challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DIES R US
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Judy Woodland said...

Love, love, LOVE this card. It's so stinkin' cute, and the colors are somehow perfect for the theme. Well done, it's a WINNER!!!!!

Carol L said...

What a wonderful card for someone who loves to spend time in the kitchen! Loving all the blue gingham!

Kathy Krug said...

The stamp and die look like they were made for each other. I love that apron too. Yur gingham background is perfect.

Leslie Miller said...

The first time I saw you use this digital stamp I instantly thought of the apron die set. They look fabulous together! We all enable each other, don't we? Love this, Verna!

TK said...

Glad you're feeling well, and we'll be looking for more cuties like this one!

Barbara said...

I am way behind with comments for your cards, but I have to tell you that this one is so adorable and I wanted to tell you that.

Beccy said...

This card is fabulous Verna, you did an awesome job putting it all together. The gingham background always makes me think of country kitchens, especially in that fabulous shade of blue, which contrasts perfectly with the little pops of red. The apron and chef's hat are adorable, and I love the little hearts too. Wonderful!
Cheers,
Beccy

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun card - that blue gingham is awesome

Lisa said...

I LOVE this! All of the details are fantastic! Awesome card!

Dandi93 said...

Sweet card Verna, sometimes you just can't help being inspired to buy. Love the cherry apron to go with your yummy pie

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...