Friday, February 5, 2021

Holly Christmas Cards

 Well, now and then over the past couple weeks I have been working on Christmas cards and these are two samples of some I made using the Beccy's Place Blessings of the Season Set. She has been selling older sets at reduced prices and I saw this one and knew it was one I wanted to own. I am using the pre-colored design too so it is not my fingers trying to fumble around coloring. I am showing two versions that I have been making with the set. I only used the holly design here but there are more designs on the set that I can implement another year. Below is the A2 size design.



And below this one is the slimline version I made. So far I have about five cards total made with this holly set. But I printed out several sheets so I will be making many more with it.



I thought that holly was so festive looking and with a reduced price for the sets I thought it was worth the purchase. If you are interested you can check the sale items at Beccy's Place as there are lots of wonderful sets.

Thanks for the visit and I hope all will have a great weekend. 

Take care and God bless, Verna

20 comments:

Liz said...

Beautiful cards, Verna. The holly image is lovely and makes a great festive card. xx

kiwimeskreations said...

What a striking use of the image Verna - love that you let the holly take the eye on it's own
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Lisa Babitz said...

That holly image is beautiful and looks great on both card sizes.

Carol L said...

It's wonderful how that holly works on both an A2 and slimline version! Both are beautiful!!

Barbara said...

I love both holly cards and what a great way to get ready for next year. I am going to check out the sale at Becky's Place.

Bonnie said...

Your first one with the red on the top and bottom is very striking but they all will be perfect for next December.

Judy Woodland said...

These are gorgeous. I love the traditional colors and simple design. Speaking of Christmas, we still have all our decorations up, tree and all. Presents under the tree too. Family Christmas won't be for a couple of weeks when our 2nd Covid shot kicks in. Nothing like spreading the holiday out.

TK said...

So gorgeous! I love the pretty image and its coloring, and it's the perfect size for both card sizes, which doesn't happen a lot (at least for me!). Happy, safe weekend for you as well

Sandra H said...

So adorable lovely image and gorgeous deep green used its stunning x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely image. That slimline card is fabulous

Darnell said...

I'm always drawn to holly designs and this one is breathtaking! You've made perfect designs to showcase it, Verna! Take care and keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

Shona Erlenborn said...

Beautiful cards with this lovely holly image, Verna! Good for you for getting a head's start on your 2021 Christmas cards too.

laurie said...

I LOVE these...as I love holly...so very festive!!!!

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, I love it both ways! The holly is gorgeous!

Lisa said...

These are beautiful! Such a great image and SO many different ways you could use it... also love that it can fill up a slimline too.

Patti J said...

Verna, these are lovely! Beccy’s images are gorgeous, and I own many! Thanks for the inspiration...never thought of a slimline card with digi images! Great job!

Mac Mable said...

Both versions look fabulous and I love the vibrancy of the green holly with the pop of red on the berries x.

Inkyfingers said...

This is such an elegant image, Verna and you have created a couple of very stylish festive cards with it. All the better that it was a bargain too lol!¬
Have a good weekend.
Hugs
Carol x

Greta said...

Great holly image & cards!

KT Fit Kitty said...

These holly cards are very pretty, Verna! I keep saying I'm going to make another slimline card (I've only made one so far) but I keep forgetting.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...