Thursday, February 4, 2021

Love Smitten

 This is the month of Love and for my card I chose to use products from Gina K. Design. It will end up being an anniversary card as I put that type of sentiment inside. I need one for a couple in March who will be celebrating theirs then.


I used the Gina K. Designs mini stamp set called All You Need Is Love. I colored the bluebirds with my Bic markers and then die cut the focal design out with a Gina K. Designs small stitched rectangle die. I also did another rectangle die larger in blue using the large stitched rectangle die from Gina K. Designs. They were then mounted onto pattern paper from the Smitten Paper Pack which I had adhered to a white card base. The black ink used is Gina K. Designs Amalgam Obsidian ink. It works with alcohol ink markers such as the Bic ones I used.

I am entering this in the following challenges:

Double D Challenge-Valentine Love

Mod Squad Challenge-All About Love

Gina K. Designs Monthly Mix Challenge

This simple design seemed to fit all three of the challenges so I was happy with that. And, I think those birds are so cute and fun!

Take care all and God bless, Verna

19 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

Awe, what an adorable card, Verna. I love those sweet little birds, they just make me smile. And that background patterned paper is perfect for the focal. Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating with us over at the Mod Squad!!
Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

Shona Erlenborn said...

They really are cute and fun! Love your choice of background paper too!

TK said...

So sweet! Love the blue and red, and that adorable pp is pretty cute too

Barbara Bruder said...

What a cute card. Love all the elements you have used to make this ever so cute card.

Lisa Babitz said...

This is adorable! Love the image and patterned paper you chose.

Diane said...

Adorably cute little birdies card! thank you for joining our challenge at Double D and hope you are feeling better from your recent surgery!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Sandra H said...

So beautiful and creative card lovely layout and image x

Carol L said...

This is just adorable and I love the background paper too!

Bonnie said...

Your coloring is so sweet and they are so happy on the pool of blue. Bu the most impact comes from that smart red with swirls that make hearts.

Darlene said...

Oh Verna this is just ADORABLE! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Valentine LOVE’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a gorgeous card Verna - I am sure it will be loved by the recipients!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Barbara said...

These sweet little bluebirds make me want to smile. This is a happy card and a great tremendous Valentine card. Thanks for taking the time to share them with us at Double D Challenge.
Barbara DT

Vicki Dutcher said...

Adorable blue birds

laurie said...

Toooo cute!! Love the birdies!

Leslie Miller said...

Awww, this is sweet! I think the birds are perfect for an anniversary card!

Lisa said...

O M Garsh how sweet! Love this!

Sheri Gilson said...

So sweet! Love the lovebirds! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Gina K Designs Monthly Mix Challenge! ❤️

Greta said...

Sweet card for an anniversary, Verna!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Super cute little birdies! Adorable Valentine card!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...