Monday, February 22, 2021

Mini Slimline Birthday

 I recently got some new mini slimline dies from Kat Scrappiness and with some leftover pieces of digital background paper from Artsystamper I made a frame with that die and added it to the background paper. The card base was a 3 x 6 piece of white card stock to which I added the framed pattern paper. Then I added a butterfly and a sentiment that I got from the Gina K. Designs line to complete my little mini slimline.



This little card creation I am adding to the following challenge. It is the Turner Syndrome challenge-It's A Girl Thing and if you click on the link you can read much more information about this syndrome.

A few years ago I had never heard of it and was so surprised to read that Linda Hunt, the actress who plays Hetty on NCIS LA has this syndrome. I just love her and think she is so talented. In fact this syndrome affects one out of every 2000 girls worldwide. It is hoped that this hop will bring awareness to this syndrome and in fact it is hoped that more and more doctors will learn to recognize this condition sooner and know how to treat it. It is something that has not been heard of much before so I hope this will help to get the word out.


Thanks for visiting and I hope you will join in on the hop and also make some cards as well. Perhaps you could be a lucky winner as there are lots of wonderful prizes being given.

God bless, Verna

23 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Oh Verna!! I love your card! I saw it on facebook first and I was hoping that you entered in the challenge! I was so happy to see it here! That butterfly is awesome! I am going to go check it out on Gina K's site! Your card is gorgeous! I love that you made it a slimline card! Thank you so much for sharing it in the challenge and for helping spread awareness of Turner Syndrome! I really appreciate it!1

Ina G said...

Simply beautiful Verna. Great result with the leftovers ans beautiful coloured flower and butterfly.

Lisa Babitz said...

This is beautiful! Love your greeting placement and how you adapted your card base measurements to fit this die perfectly. The digital paper you chose is so pretty.

Barbara said...

I really like the frames on this slimline card and the beautiful butterfly design. Thanks for making people aware of Turner's Symdrome.

Cindy C. said...

It's beautiful!

Bonnie said...

Your balance is perfect, you are really set for slimline now. I am with Lisa on the sentiment and placement.

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love the sentiment at the top. What pretty paper and the addition of the butterfly is perfect for your Turner Syndrome awareness card.

Mariann Jakobsen said...

Awesome card! Love the butterfly and sentiment.
You got a new follower ;)
Stay safe and take care!
Welcome to visit my blog ;)

Darlene said...

Absolutely awesome Verna! You are always so creative! Thanks so much for helping spread the word about Turner Syndrome. We sure appreciate your support. Stay safe & healthy.

Donna Ellis said...

What a cute slim line card, Verna! You have become a digital queen! I especially like the sentiment. Thank you for bringing awareness to TS thru your artwork, and for joining challenge! hugs, de

Mac Mable said...

Great use of the leftover image and the framing looks wonderful Verna x.

Dawn S. said...

What a beautiful card! The butterfly is so pretty and the frame really sets it off.

Rushd Lady said...

Beautiful slimline card!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful card Verna - and I love that you are so supportive of the Turner Syndrome
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Sandra H said...

So pretty and creative card x

Patti J said...

Oh, Verna! I love this! I haven’t made the smaller slimline yet, but am going to give it a tr after seeing your card! Thanks for helping to spread awareness about Turner Syndrome! You’re the best!

Greta said...

Beautiful card & love the blue background!

TK said...

Wonderful card and beautiful details. I'm loving these new mini slimlines and they're so much easier to photograph! Kudos, Verna, really nice

Carol L said...

This is a real pretty slimline card with a warm nod to spring! Love it!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Such a beautiful card! I like the slimline style but I admit I am behind the times as I've only made one so far. I need to get with it! Gorgeous butterfly and flowers!

Karen Dunbrook said...

so beautiful...love the look.
xx Karen

Online Greeting Cards said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the layout of this slimline! Turned out fabulous.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...