Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Peace, Joy & Love

While my dinner rolls were raising I worked up a quick card design using stamps from the Inspired by Stamping set called Poinsettia. I chose to use just one of the sentiments and the holly that was also included in the set to make my card.


I made this specifically for the Mod Squad Blog Challenge for this week in which we are not to use any white or ivory on our card. I thought this was a nice combination and worked up well for a very festive looking Christmas card. All the panels were die cut with a Memory Box Cross Stitched Border die. Since the stamps were silhouette type it went quite fast to stamp a design using the Gina K. Designs Red Velvet and Christmas Pine inks. I also used Gina's card stock for this card.

Well, thanks for taking a quick look and I guess this will do it for me today. As soon as my rolls are done I have to fetch hubby from town as he took one of our pickups in to get new tires on it. And, they won't do it until tomorrow so I guess he does not want to stand all night outside the shop waiting for it. Hahaaa!

God bless,
Verna

10 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Fabulously vibrant color combination, Verna, and a beautiful card! xx

Donna Phelan said...

You did a great job with the Challenge, your colors are FAB! Love all of that holly!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Very pretty. Love the color combination Verna.

Brenda in IN said...

I am so impressed you are doing two things at once. I would ruin one or the other. My best cooking is done in a crock pot or oven. Put it in and leave it alone. When I try, I mess up! The card is a great Christmas card and I really like the sentiment and the font it's in.

Kathy Krug said...

That's what I call making the most of your time. Great card and I am sure those dinner rolls were fabulous. You did a great job with the challenge.

Carol L said...

This is such a lovely color scheme and those images are stamped beautifully to create a great Christmas card! Love the pierced edges :)

laurie said...

Beautiful stamping Verna! And now I'm hungry for your fresh rolls!

Barbara said...

Yes! Love the holiday colors on this card. It looks so festive and right on the mark for my challenge this week. You got a great card done while the rolls were baking. Lol
Thanks for sharing with us at the Mod Squad Challenge this week. Hope to see you again.

Barbara, challenge host

Vicki Dutcher said...

Perfect colors for a Christmas card -- turned out awesome

Lisa said...

This is beautiful! And that red stamped so nicely on the green! Red Velvet, huh? I might need some of that!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...