Sunday, November 26, 2017

Snowman Greetings

It was so nice to have company come but for the last week or so I have sure missed out on my stamping hobby gone wild. So it was a pleasure to once again get back into the groove with this simple card design.

I chose to use a Gina K. Designs Large Snowflakes Foil Mate design, Deco Foil Ocean Blue, Gina K. Designs Season's Greetings stamp set and dies, Zig Wink of Stella, Crafter's Companion Glue runner, the Gina K. Designs Decorative Tag Die set, blue chiffon ribbon and some blue metallic rick rack. Of course, that meant a laminator was used for the foiling process.



I just love the look of the foiled snowflakes and adding some Wink of Stella to the snowman sort of matched the shimmer a bit I thought. Both the snowman and the sentiment come from the same stamp set. The snowman was stamped with Black Memento ink and colored with Copics. The sentiment was stamped with Gina K. Designs Blue Lagoon ink.


I am so pleased with the way this turned out and I love the stitched design on that tag. I think that adds so much to the layout and by placing the tag that direction it worked great for the sentiment.

I am entering this in the November Rudolph Days Challenge in which we can use any Christmas project of our choosing. I almost always go with cards but at least this time I used a tag on my card as well.

Well, I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving weekend. My company just left today so we are trying to get used to a quiet house with just the two of us again. But we had a great time visiting and playing lots of card and board games.

Thanks for stopping by and for all the great comments as well.

God bless,
Verna

29 comments:

Gerry said...

Oh, I just love this. That gorgeous foiling and cute little snowman are perfect together. And I love the colors.

Kathleen said...

Really fabulous card, cute snowman and love the snowflake papers and the glittered risk-rak border. Not seen a stitch tag before but it looks great.

Kath x

laurie said...

Cute snowman Verna!And I just love that gorgeous border!

Shona Erlenborn said...

This card is totally awesome!Loving the foiling and that little snowman is the so sweet!

MaryH said...

Great work with the foil mates (I have some but not used yet...ditto with the laminator!). I like the icy blues and Mr. Snowy looks right at home perched atop that stitched tag. Isn't it nice to get back to quiet, even though it's wonderful to have the family with you. That's how we feel - but it takes a while to get back to 'normal'. TFS & have a great week. Hugs

Unknown said...

I love the colors, cool, yet so warm, a lovely card.

Judy Woodland said...

Love, love, love your foiling. And that tag is so stinkin' cute with that wonderful snowman. Great design!

Barbara said...

The foiling makes a sparkly and glamorous looking card. Very festive effect! Just lovely.

Brenda in IN said...

It sounds like you had a great time over the holidays. It is nice to get back in the normal, everyday routine though. This is a beautiful card. I love the foil and blue together. Cute little snowman!

Donna Ellis said...

Board games are the greatest! I cannot get anyone in my family to play them anymore! WAH! Glad you enjoyed a great time with family over Thanksgiving week-end, Verna. Your blue card is so pretty! I especially like your foiling, and the gorgeously embossed sentiment - oh-so-pretty script! It is the little snowman that cracks me up. Do you think he had too much imbibing over the holiday, and ended up wearing a lamp shade? Or did someone opt for an old waste basket? Either way, he is cute as can be! LOL hugs, de

Donna Phelan said...

So cute. So pretty. So sparkly!

Liz said...

Gorgeous card, Verna, great design and I love the colours you've chosen. xx

Julia Sandvoss said...

This is adorable Verna! Love the colors you chose and the adorable snowman!

Carol L said...

Your card is stunning with those shimmery snowflakes in blue! Love the metallic ric-rac that perfectly matches that cute tag & snowman! Beautiful!

Jenny L said...

Hi Verna,
Happy Rudolf Days.
What a very wonderful card and such a great design too.
Thanks for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Pretty side border!

Chris said...

Your card is beautiful. Lovely design, fabulous sparkle and shine, the little snowman is delightful!
Thank you for your lovely comment
Chris
x

Craftychris said...

Such a gorgeous card! Love the foiling and that cute little snowman. xxx

scrappymo! said...

Your foil snowflakes look wonderful and this pretty card.The wee snowman perched on that tag is wonderful. I really like this design!

Thanks for taking part in the November Rudolph Days Challenge.

Dandi93 said...

I love how everything sparkles Verna... Adorable little snowman

Barb said...

What a gorgeous card this is Verna. The foiling is beautiful and your snowman is a real little cutie. I love the frosty look of your card and the colours are very pretty. Barbxx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oh Berna this is such a pretty card, I’m plannng one day.... one day! To learn the foiling. I have a laminator and foil just need to get act together.. did you stamp the snow flakes, to add the foil? Am not familiar with Gina’s technique prob need to hunt out a video she’s done.
:D
Thanks so much for your great share.
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ugh sorry, Verna, I just hate auto correct.. it didn’t think I’d spelt it right, obviously.

Karen Petitt said...

The foiling on your card is stunning, love the shades of blue because to me they have always been associated with a cold winter/Christmas. A really beautiful desing you have created. Thank you eveer so much for the lovely comment on my blog, it is much appreciated Karen x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Verna, such a fun snowman and lovely winter blues.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Macimbalo said...

Wow, awesome card - love the color and the foiling is perfect!

Nancy said...

You should be pleased with this cute card! It is adorable!

Ina G said...

Cute as Verna. Love him! So cute. Love the foiling.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

That is one funny snowman! Love all the shine and glitter!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...