Sunday, November 5, 2017

Winter Village

Hi everyone! Did you miss me? Hahaa! I have been busy doing some baking and also some Christmas shopping as I need to get my box ready fairly soon to send to the family in Japan. I want to be sure it reaches them by Christmas and so I usually send it to them by Thanksgiving. But in between baking I did make a few simple card designs as well so I am sharing one of them on this post.


I cut out a piece of blue card stock with a single stitch die from the Memory Box Blueprints 29 set and then I took some white acrylic paint and mixed it with a bit of water and then lightly tapped on the brush to make some snowflakes. Next I added the Winter Village die by Frantic Stamper Inc. and used a Zig 2-way glue pen to add it to the blue panel. This was all mounted onto a white card base. The finishing touch was to add a sentiment from Gina K. Designs.

Now I love this look and this is another clean and simple but still very lovely design for quick Christmas cards.

I hope all have been doing well this past week and that all remembered to turn your clocks back. That was our last task of the day Saturday night before we went to bed. So our clocks are on time but my body is out of sync again. It always takes me awhile to adjust after we change the time.

Thanks for the visit and for the comments you always leave. I love hearing them.

God bless,
Verna

16 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

Oh I just love that winter village, I love how it takes up almost the entire front panel of the card! NICE!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Just lovely with the white against the blue

Unknown said...

Verna, I love this card; I am always a sucker for blue (especially this hue) and white.
My philosophy is: I don’t care what color, it is; so long as it is, blue!!!
Have a blessed week, much love.

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! It sure is beautiful! Love the details, Verna. I can see you scurrying around with your shopping and baking, and feeling excited about shipping your fruitful results. Thanks for sharing your pretty creation. xx

Darnell said...

That's such a striking shade of blue, Verna, and it looks amazing with the white card, white scene, and white splatters! I love this!! And I hear you on turning back time and how my body reacts. It takes me a good week to even out. I don't find it happens as much in the spring, oddly. Hugs, Darnell

Ina G said...

Another stunning blue and white card Verna. Love the village die cut. So very Christmasy with that sprinkle of snow.

Shona Erlenborn said...

Another lovely creation Verna. Very effective and I love the snowy sky!

Doreen said...

This is fabulous,a gorgeous design.xxx

Brenda in IN said...

Love the scene and bright blue sky. The path to the door is so cute.

Judy Woodland said...

LOVE this! That particular shade of blue really makes the white pop. And I love the "stars" in the background. Fabulous!!!!

Kathy Krug said...

Wonderful CAS design. Love that winter village.

Unknown said...

Another great card. You make winter look so inviting. Ellen G

Carol L said...

I just love the beautiful blue background with the white snowy scene! So pretty!

laurie said...

This is so awesome! I just love that winter scene Verna!

Lisa said...

Another beauty!! Love this! The blues you're using really are so stunning!

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous card...love the look.
xx Karen

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...