Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Bling It Up!

The title of this post is the theme for the Double D's Challenge this time around. I just had to join in with at least one card as I like to add a few rhinestones or pearls now and then. I am not much into glitter as it is so messy but I think adding some rhinestones or sequins is a great way to dress up a card.


I used Gina K. Designs Stippled Flowers set and also the Gina K. Designs Diagonal Striped Background stamp. I stamped the flower images along the edge of my white panel and then colored them with Copics. Next I cut about a 1/4 inch off of the top and bottom and also used a scissors to cut along the flower design edge. This panel was then layered onto the main card base on which I stamped the diagonal stripes background with Gina K. Designs Dusty Rose ink using my MISTI. I really like the striped background showing through which I think really compliments the flowers.Very easy design. The hand cutting around the flowers took as long almost as it did to color the design. But maybe that was due to phone calls that interrupted the process. LOL The last addition was to add a sentiment and some rhinestone bling.

I am not sure what flowers the artist intended these blooms to be but to my way of thinking they remind me of the wonderful peonies that bloom in the Spring. I have some deep red ones which look very similar to these. So I am calling my flowers peonies.

Well, evening is upon us and so I best get busy and think about something for our meal. I hope your evening is going great! Thanks for stopping by.

God bless,
Verna

19 comments:

Rosy Newlun said...

My phone won't work to comment. Fired up the laptop after I put it to bed lol!!! Wake up laptop! This is a beauty, Verna! You not only knocked it out of the proverbial ballpark, you cracked the bat! The flowers do look like velvet peonies! The gems, the fussy cutting, the striped background... eye popping.

Darlene said...

WOW this is gorgeous Verna! Your touches of sparkle are just perfect with your beautifully colored flowers! Lovely design too! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Bling’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Carol L said...

This is just gorgeous with those brilliant red flowers! Love all the details, including the bling!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What a beautiful design! I love the cut edge on the right and the groupings of bling. It is perfectly executed! I think they look like peonies too!

Judy Woodland said...

This is just beautiful. LOVE all the bling, and your flowers are colored perfectly. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Bling It Up Challenge!!

Doreen said...

Love the fab image,just gorgeous.xxx

Donna Phelan said...

Beautiful peonies, the color is fabulous--mine are just starting to come up! I love the striped background and how your focal panel is smaller, looks great, a really cool design! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D Challenge Blog, Bling It Up, Donna, DT Member.

Shona Erlenborn said...

Gorgeous make, Verna! Love the deep red of your peonies and they look great as a border!

Viv said...

Love the colour of these lush blooms Verna. Great Job.

Kathy Krug said...

Verna, this is so beautiful. I love your layout and the gorgeous colors. The flowers really steal the show.

Patti said...

Beautiful design and coloring!! I really love how you cut along the side of your top panel! : )

Ina G said...

Beeeeeeeeeeeeautiful card Verna. Such rich colours on those flowers. Love the background and the curly edge. Adds so much interest.

Diane said...

Gorgeous card Verna, so beautifully created, and love the stamped background paper too, I keep forgetting I even have background stamps. This flowers are just plain BEAUTIFUL!! Thanks for joining our challenge at Double D, too!

Barbara said...

Absolutely amazing and so pleasing with the addition of the pearls. It is drop-dead gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Bling’ challenge! Thanks for being a Double D friend.
Barbara DT member

Leslie Miller said...

I would call them peonies and they're absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful coloring and it looks like dabs of gold in the flower centers. Very striking with the deep red. Your cutting along the edge is a stroke of genius and adds so much design interest to your card. The stamped background does go beautifully with the peonies, too. You're making good use of that stamp! Finished off to perfection with the rhinestones. I'm so glad you made time to play along with us at Double D, Verna!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous Gorgeous coloring! Love these beautiful peonies... and love the bling you used.

Dandi93 said...

Absolutely gorgeous Verna, love the fussy cutting along the edge of the flowers...

Greta said...

Love everything about this card--stunning!

Amelia Breytenbach said...

This is such a stunning card! The gorgeous image, papers and bling are just perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenge.
Amelia (DT Double "D" Challenges)

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...