Sunday, May 20, 2018

Puddle Duck

I was searching for ideas for making a Father's Day card when I saw the Dies R Us Challenge #97 was Birds so with that in mind I brought out this Cheapo Die called Duck and made a simple little scene with it. I am very happy how it looks too.


I wanted a Teal Duck so I went online to research how to color it and this was similar to what I saw. Of course there are variations but this one seemed to be very beautiful with those colors. So I went with it. I colored the die in with my Copics. And, I used card stock, inks and the sentiment from Gina K. Designs. I used a sponge to add some sandy area around the puddle and also for the sky.

Well, this card went quick and I managed to sneak in a bit of crafting before going to a graduation open house. Happy Sunday to all and I hope your week will be a great one. Thanks for the visit.

God bless,
Verna

14 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Loving your teal duck. Great scene making and what an adorable card x

Kathy Krug said...

Such a cute scene. Love the colors on the duck.

Darlene said...

What a fabulous scene you have created Verna! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Birds’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Shona Erlenborn said...

He is such a sweet duck! Beautifully colored Verna - complete with his fun little puddle and cattails - perfect little scene!

Donna Phelan said...

This is such a great masculine card. Perfect for Father's Day!

Carol L said...

Great coloring on that fun little puddle-sitting duck! Love the sponged sand too! Great card for father's day!

Brenda in IN said...

How cute this scene is. There are two that always float in a tiny puddle out in back even though there is a pond across the street from me. The coloring is lovely and the sand looks good.

Doreen said...

What a fabulous card,love the duck.xxx

Greta said...

Super cute!

Diane said...

Fabulous use of that duck die...I know I love these dies and your card is a perfect example of how they can be used....thank you too for joining our challenge at Dies R Us!

Patti said...

I just love this tranquil scene : ) The perfect Father's Day card!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun card for the day. Bring a smile for sure. Love what you did.

Leslie Miller said...

It's coming up soon and I still don't have an idea. This is perfect! You did a nice job with the color, Verna.

Birgit said...

What a wonderful masculine card this is! The mallard duck is colored perfectly. Thanks so much for linking up to the Dies R Us "Bird" challenge. Best of luck to you!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...