Saturday, January 4, 2020

Arthur-Cute Bird for Little Hearts

This set of cards uses another of the cute birds from the now retired Sparkle N Sprinkle Wilton Birds digital set. And, I just recently discovered that the illustrator of these birds has them now on her website called Beccy's Place and the set is now called Feathered Friends digital stamp set. So if you are interested in them you can get them there. I was so excited when I saw so many of the stamp sets I wanted from her listed on it. She has both digital and regular stamp sets.

This particular bird is called Arthur and both my hubby and I thought he looked like a baby owl so with that thought in mind I used a sentiment pertaining to an owl which is from a Gina K. Designs stamp set. He came all colored as well as an open design but I chose to use the colored version.


Once again I grabbed some of the pattern paper I was hoarding and cut the sheet in two and folded it to make an A2 card and then I die cut Arthur out and added him to the card base of dotted paper. I stamped a few hearts from Gina K. Designs and that completed my card.

I think Arthur is adorable and I hope the children will like him too. Thanks for visiting and now I need to get busy and make more cards for the children with heart disease. For all the details check the Cards for Little Hearts website which is posted on my side bar at the top.

We have a sunny day so I hope the sun is shining for you too! Thanks for stopping by.

God bless,
Verna

13 comments:

Patti said...

What honest eyes!! these cards will bless the children who receive them and are SURE to brighten their little hearts : )

kiwimeskreations said...

What a gorgeous card Verna - love how you have kept is simple so Arthur is the focus.
The sun was shining here until the smoke from the Australian bush fires (2,000 kms away) turned it red and then blocked it out!
Blessings
Maxine

Lisa Babitz said...

Another adorable set of cards for the kids! I'll have to check out Beccys site.

Barbara said...

Another adorable set of card for the children. I knew it the moments I saw them. You are an angel to make them for the children.

Carol L said...

These are really cute and so much fun with those big, expressive colored eyes and polka dot backgrounds! The children will love them, especially with those tiny hearts :)

Donna Ellis said...

Aw, this is adorable, Verna! hugs, de

Diane said...

I love love this baby owl, he would be great for baby cards too, he is so sweet!! Great polka dot paper which is a favorite of mine, that and gingham of course!! Sunny but brrr cold here today, but all the snow is gone, but that is okay too...have a nice Sunday!!

Shona Erlenborn said...

So cute! The kids will adore this one Verna!

laurie said...

These are so sweet..that owl just makes me smile!

Leslie Miller said...

Adorable owl and the green polka dot paper makes for an instantly happy card! I'm glad to hear of another artist whose images are not gone forever. There were some really cute things at Sparkle N Sprinkle.

Patti J said...

You are amazing, making all of these cards for kids! I'd love to join in! Thanks for sharing and always inspiring!

wannabcre8tive said...

This card is just adorable. I love the sweet owl/Wilton Birds with those big green eyes. So cute!

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness he is adorable!! Absolutely love! And he is an owl... lol... (or at least looks like one to me so good enough)

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...