Thursday, January 23, 2020

Dragonfly Graduation Card

I saw the challenge at the Mod Squad and remembered that I had purchased a couple sets from Inky Stamper quite some time ago when the company was first launched so today I made a graduation card using the Dragonfly Stamp set.


I had to do some masking to get the graduation card on the dragonfly. I also have a die for the dragon fly but after I had added the graduation cap I was scared to try the off the box technique with it. It looked so good and I just know I would probably have messed it up. I did all the coloring of the images with my Bic and Sharpie pens except for the outer edges I used a blending brush to add some distressing with shades of blue ink. The scene was die cut with a Memory Box Cross Stitched Border die.

I am entering this in the following challenges:

I hope your day is going well. We are having snow showers off and on so of course that means no sun. I thought it a good morning to make a card though. 

Until next time God bless,
Verna

23 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Yes you just stay in and craft. What a stunner of a card and the scene is marvellous x. The masking is great and the colouring looks so pretty x.

Leslie Miller said...

It looks great to me! Very cute! I wouldn't try to die cut, either. You wouldn't want to ruin this darling thing!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous graduation card - love it - it's so 'different', but sweet
Blessings
Maxine

Barbara said...

Well, that is the cutest dragonfly that I have ever seen. It makes for a great graduation card as well. I love how you shaded the outside edges and added the flowers. Cute, cute, cute!

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a different "spin" for a graduation card! That little graduate dragonfly is amazing! Very creative Verna. Stay warm!

Lisa Babitz said...

How clever! You did a great job adding the graduation cap to the dragonfly. So cute! Great coloring, too.

Dawn S. said...

This is so cute! I love how you added the graduation cap onto the dragonfly. You did a great job colouring, as well!

Brenda in IN said...

That is a cute dragonfly with those big, bright eyes and pretty wings. Pretty coloring and lovely flowers. We may have a light dusting of snow tonight but hardly any accumulation is what "they" are saying.

Rosy Newlun said...

What a darling dragonfly! And really clever to use on a graduation card. Your coloring is awesome - even the background is super! I hope you and Arlin will be toasty warm during your winter snows!

Liz said...

Brilliant card, Verna, just love that little dragonfly. xx

TK said...

It appears it was a GREAT day to make a card, so cute! Wish we were getting your snow...

Carol L said...

oh my gosh, this one is so cute! Love the little mortarboard on the dragonfly!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Your graduation card is adorable, Verna! Beautiful colouring!

laurie said...

Awesome job coloring...really cute card!!!

Greta said...

Cute card & I love the blue ink on the edges!

Ina G said...

So cute and adorable Verna. Beautifully coloured.

Diane said...

Well isn't this dragonfly the cutest and whimsical little thing!! Adorably cute card!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super cute!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

awwww, that is the most adorable dragonfly ever!

Lisa said...

So adorable and great masking! Love this!

Chelsea said...

Awesome card .... thanks for entering the ModSquad Challenge that our company (InkyStamper) is sponsoring!!!! Good luck!!!

Alina Florea said...

Excellent combination! Thank you for linking it up to our Scrapy Land Challenge. Alina, DT

Joyce Erb said...

So cute, love the hat. Thanks for taking the challenge with us at the <a href="http://modsquadchallenge.com”>Mod Squad Challenge</a>

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...