Thursday, January 9, 2020

Christmas Cardinal

At the end of year sale at Gina K. Designs I indulged myself with a little Christmas gift and bought this fabulous set of stamps called Christmas Silhouettes Christmas Set. I can see getting lots of mileage from this one. The pine branch was what caught my eye and that it also had a cardinal in the set. So with those factors in mind this is the card I made.


No layers on this card. I simply stamped the design onto light blue card stock and then to add some snow I used a Marvy Snow Marker pen. Once you have the snow where you want it then take your heat gun and puff it up. I really like that look.

I am entering this in the following challenges:

Now I have one card made for the next Christmas season at least. I like the snow build up on the pine branch too! It makes one feel like it is a cold and a winter type of weather. And the big sentiment is perfect with it.

Thanks for dropping in. I made three cards actually today but I will only be showing this one for now. I hope your evening is a good one too.

God bless,
Verna

20 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Hmmm... that's like Liquid Applique in a pen! I like it! Very pretty card, Verna. I've been seeing quite a few Christmas cards already this year. I'm so glad to see this trend.

Carol L said...

What a great Christmas card, complete with the perfect amount of snow! A pen to create snow sounds much easier to use than the tube of liquid applique I have! NJ!

Judy Woodland said...

LOVE how you have used that stamp set. Fabulous card!!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautifully crafted card Verna - love it
Blessings
Maxine

Judy Inukai said...

Super card. I like how you did the snow. I recently got that set too, so thanks for the great inspiration.

Barbara said...

Beautiful Christmas card but a wonderful winter card too. Or, just for someone that loves cardinals.

Lisa Babitz said...

This card is so peaceful with the blue background and the simple snow scene. I love it! I also love the way you added the snow. I had never heard of the snow marker; thanks for the info!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Oh what a great card! It looks fabulous but it sounds like it did not take too long to put together. I love the idea of the puffy snow marker. I will have to pick one up if i see one.

Diane said...

I can see why you treated yourself as this is a beautiful Christmas card, and love the snow on the branches...so pretty!!

jimlynn said...

CAS and sensational!!! Such a beautiful card. Love the dimension the snow gives. So very pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Jan's Digi Stamp challenge.
Lynn

Jeanne H said...

What a lovely and CAS design. The snow is a wonderful touch. ths

Beverly said...

Hi Verna! This is simply lovely...glad to see you doing more cards. This is just so sweet. Thanks for entering our challenge at Artsystamper Digitals Challenge! I truly hope to see your work again soon.
Hugs,
Bev ARTSYSTAMPER DIGITALS

Darlene said...

Oh my friend, you just keep getting better & better! This is awesome! Love it! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at the Artsystamper Challenge Blog!
Darlene
ARTSYSTAMPER CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Patti said...

Awwww!! I love the delicate little snow covering the branches. This is precious!!

Theresa's Studio said...

Another great Christmas card! Love the snow!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Beautiful! Again, I am loving the snow capped branch and of course red birds are my favorite!

Lisa said...

Love that you've started on this year's Christmas cards! This one is super pretty and again the snow... I think I might have one of those somewhere. I wonder if it's still any good... hmmm...

TK said...

Perfect start to next year's (ok this year's) stash! Love that the "pen" ink becomes puffy...

Dandi93 said...

Love the simplicity of this one layer Verna, I can't help but to love all of the open space.... and again the puffy snow is fabulous my dear

Dawn S. said...

A sweet clean and simple card! I love the snow you added.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...