Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Peacock Valentine

I bought this Hero Arts Color Layering Peacock stamp set years ago and always was too intimidated to try stamping a card with it. But today was the day I took the plunge and I am happy to say it was not as difficult as my mind had made it out to be. I hope you like it.


First I stamped a background and added it to a white card base. Then I stamped the peacock and cut it out by hand and added it to the corner of a couple of die cut red and white hearts from Gina Marie Designs. The sentiment was also added to the white heart along with a few gems. This was my completed card.

I wanted this to be a more masculine card design and therefore I did not want to go with a lot of flowers or fancy frilly hearts. I hope I achieved my mission.

This will be entered in the following challenges:
A Blog Named Hero Challenge-Anything Goes
Mod Squad Challenge-Animal Stamps (includes, birds, insects and reptiles)

I have several cards in the works so stay tuned as I may be back again later today. Until then enjoy yourself and get in some crafting fun!

God bless,
Verna

13 comments:

Mac Mable said...

I love the stamping on your wonderful card Verna and that peacock looks amazing x.

laurie said...

Awesome! I love that stamped background..so glad you decided to use it...great card!!

Lisa Babitz said...

Love the pop of red with the blue, green, and white; perfect for a masculine Valentine. Your layered peacock came out great!

Leslie Miller said...

I love it! I also like using non-Valentine stamps for Valentines because I don't buy a lot of stamps specifically for that occasions. Thankfully a lot of things will work. This looks fabulous! I especially like the background you created!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a gorgeous card Verna - this is beautiful. so glad you took the plunge and used the stamp set
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn S. said...

Beautiful card! I think you achieved a masculine look with the lovely background and peacock.

Carol L said...

I'm glad you decided to use this stamp because it's a very clever and unique valentine. Love all the feathers working the background :)

KT Fit Kitty said...

I have a few layering stamps and I'm scared of them too. I tried one once and had trouble and then gave up, but I guess I should give them another try. Your peacock is gorgeous! Great paper too!

Diane said...

Beautiful card with an awesome background you created..so very pretty!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Perfect bg stamping for the bird :)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

He is gorgeous, but I am happy to read I am not the only one intimidated by layering stamps... (Honestly I think they are a pain in the you know where...I don't buy them anymore, because I just know I won't use them)

Lisa said...

Gorgeous! Love that peacock and that beautiful background!

Joyce Erb said...

It turned out great, so beautiful. Thanks for taking the challenge with us at the <a href="http://modsquadchallenge.com”>Mod Squad Challenge</a>

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...