Wednesday, January 15, 2020

January Twofers

Well I finally came up with an idea for my entry to Darnell's January Twofer Card Challenge #23-Hearts. However, my mojo has been on vacation lately so I am not as thrilled about these as I had hoped they would look. But at least I tried.


I decided to stay away from a Valentine and instead try to use these die cut hearts two different ways for two different types of cards other then the obvious Valentine.



First up is a birthday card and I tried to make my hearts into balloons. I die cut several stitched hearts from Gina Marie Designs from different colors of card stock and then arranged them onto a white card base.  With a white paint pen I added some highlights to the balloons and with a black pen I added some strings. The sentiment is from Gina K. Designs as is the die. The sentiment is from the Sketched Wreath Builder set and the die is called Royal Frame Die. I added some rhinestones for more festivity to the design.


The second card design was a get well one and with the  hearts that I had die cut from yellow gingham paper I created a flower. I added some rhinestones to the center of the heart flower and also added some flower shaped sequins from Doodles Paper Playground from the Sparkle Blend:Flower Power mix. The leaves on the flower were one heart die cut in two. I cut some of the strips of gingham to make a frame and all of this was placed onto a green Memory Box cross stitched frame panel before adding it to a white card base. My white paint pen added some highlights to the leaves and a Bic marker added some highlights to the gingham flower too. The sentiment is from the Impression Obsession Life Stuff Sentiments stamp set.

I am also entering my balloon card into the Double D's Challenge-Balloons.

Well, that was my afternoon activity. I was surprised at how long it took for me to make these cards and perhaps that is because my "heart" was not into it.  LOL Take care everyone and thanks for visiting.

God bless,
Verna

25 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I thought the yellow gingham was ribbon! I like that one with the matching flowers. The balloons look great too. I can see how this one would be a challenge not to make two Valentines. I know I am in Valentine mode, myself. Have a nice night!

Rosy Newlun said...

They're both so pretty, Verna! I never would have thought to use a stitch heart die to create balloons or flower petals! They're cheerful and colorful, sure to bring warm smiles to the recipients! Big hugs to you!!

aussie aNNie said...

Two gorgeous makes Verna, A stunning card and fabulous brilliant design.. Thanks for entering into our BALLOON challenge,
Thanks for your entry and good luck in the draw and hope you join us again.
{aNNie Designer for Double D challenges

kiwimeskreations said...

Verna these are gorgeous cards - I love the cheerful birthday balloons, and that gingham flower is so sweet!
Blessings
Maxine

Jane Willis said...

Hope that making these gorgeous cards has helped to bring your mojo back, I love them. Two very different used for that lovely heart die
Jane
Guest Designer at Twofer Card Challenge

Barbara said...

You have really made these two cards look so different. It is not only the colors but the way you used the heart die. Great job and a winner.

Donna Ellis said...

What great use of the balloons, Verna! I actually had to look at the pictures for a few moments to see what the twofer item was! Each of these is so colorful and happy! hugs, de

Diane said...

Both cards are spectacular and clever ideas for the heart...thank you for entering our balloon challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Lisa Babitz said...

I LOVE both of these! Using the hearts to create your balloon bouquet and the focal flower and leaves was so clever, and the details you added with the white pen were perfect! Your mojo seemed to have popped in for a visit from its vacation - lol!!

Marcia Hill said...

Well I happen to really like both of your Twofer cards Verna! Your birthday card with the heart shaped balloons is CAS and bright and happy and will definitely bring smiles to whoever receives it! And your bright and cheery heart flower card will bring smiles too, and also have to say I love the idea of cutting the hearts in half for the leaves on the flower! I think we all struggle a bit with mojo in January, but you made two totally different designs for the Twofer challenge, so you aced this challenge in my book! Thanks so much for playing with us at The Twofer Challenge! :0)

Vicki said...

Wow, Verna! Both of these cards are fabulous. I love the heart balloons and really love the flower layers you made with the heart shape. You are so creative. Thanks for joining the Double D, "Balloon" Challenge!

Karen Dunbrook said...

very creative use of the hearts mf....lovely cards.
xx Karen

Leslie Miller said...

Well, Verna, you're the only one who knows exactly what was in your head, but what I see is two very cute and imaginative cards! The hearts are perfect as balloons, and they make the prettiest yellow gingham flower! You've given us sunshine today. Love these!

Patti said...

TWICE as much fun!! Verna these cards just scream spring!! Is there a possibility you are starving for some color outside?? Well you certainly hit this challenge out of the park!! Well done!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Perfect font with the balloons - couple of cheerful cards

Carol L said...

What a fun twofer and so creative to make balloons and flowers with hearts! Love the gingham with the pretty green color and those balloons make for one festive birthday card too!

laurie said...

great twofer!! I just love that balloon bouquet!

Cat Craig said...

Verna, Wow not a single Valentine///good for you. I am particularly loving your yellow bloom with the heartshaped petals. So bright and cheery. YOur Birthday Balloons are so festive and are sure to bring a happy wish to the recipient. Thanks so much for joining us at Twofer Card Challenge.

Theresa's Studio said...

Great cards for the Twofer challenge. Love how you use the hearts. Saw this when I made my entry. Guess we were thinking alike with Heart balloons. Good luck on the challenge.

TK said...

Congrats on two wonderful cards, AND the unconventional use of the heart (something not easily done IMHO)!

Dawn S. said...

I love both of these! The heart flower with the gingham frame is so pretty!

Darlene said...

Both cards are just fabulous Verna! LOVE those Birthday Balloons!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Balloons’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Darnell said...

I'm sorry your heart wasn't into it, Verna, and I appreciate your playing to show your support of Twofer's 2nd Blogaversary! 💖 You shouldn't feel down about your two designs, however. I think they are both great non-Valentine cards! Your birthday heart balloons with the sequins is very colorful and festive and I'm going to have to take a closer look at the fab sediment frame! I think your get well card is going to be just the ticket to cheer someone up! I love gingham and love how you've used it for both your clever heart flower and frame! The rhinestones and sequins add just the right touch of bling!! Hugs, Darnell

Dandi93 said...

Love them both Verna, fun and creative...

Lisa said...

Well, I happen to love both of these... I know sometimes I feel like I"m creating in jello... everything takes so long and it takes me forever to make decisions and have to keep changing and trying different things, but boy your end result is fantastic! Glad you found your mojo again!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...