Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Daffodils

I think Daffodils are so pretty and it is surprising that they do come in different colors or combinations of them. I chose these colors for mine and really was glad to use yellow as that is such a cheery color I think.


I used the Power Poppy Spring Border One digital set and grabbed the Daffodil for my card. I also used one of the sentiments and created the card inspired by the sketch at the challenge page titled  Creative Confetti:Time to Sketch it Out! My take on the sketch is a bit different but it still is pretty close to the one they provided.

After I had the design printed out I colored it in with Bic and Sharpie permanent markers. I also used a Gina K. Designs Double Stitched Oval die and two Cottage Cutz Double Stitched Rectangle dies for the card. The sentiment was accented with two black gems on each side.

I think this looks so much like Spring! We did have a warmer day today and some of the snow melted in a few places. I was glad to see that. Anyway, thanks for coming back to visit and have a great evening.

God bless,
Verna

17 comments:

TK said...

Pretty daffodils, mindful of Spring, and definitely puts a skip in one's step!

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Verna! Your beautifully colored daffodils are so realistic. Loving your choices of colors in the background for a spring time element I'm sure you can hardly wait to happen! It's a lovely card! hugs, de

Shona Erlenborn said...

Lovely cheery Spring daffodils! They will be here before we know it! Beautifully colored, Verna!

Lisa Babitz said...

Great, cheery card; your yellow daffodils with the orange and green look wonderful! This brings on thoughts of Spring which is always welcome in January!

Judy Woodland said...

Your daffodils are so cheery. They just make me smile on this cold winter day where the temp is 28 degrees and snow is softly falling. I think we got about an inch overnight. They are a promise of spring that will come eventually. You have colored them beautifully, and I love your design. Such a sweet card!!!!

Brenda in IN said...

This is so happy and cheery and done with wonderful spring colors. I'm loving seeing some of these spring cards popping up, just what we need in the cold.

Mac Mable said...

Daffodils sure make me think of Spring and what a pretty card. I am so glad the snow ha smelted in a few places x.

Leslie Miller said...

Wowie, don't they look wonderful in the middle of winter! Yellow is my favorite. Beautiful, Verna!

kiwimeskreations said...

A very pretty card Verna - love the colours you have used on the card.
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn S. said...

This is so pretty! You did a great job colouring, and I love the die cut mats.

Carol L said...

You colored those flowers to perfection and I love all the stitched layers and colors! Beautiful card!

KT Fit Kitty said...

I love daffodils! I used to have them growing in my garden in my old house. Your card is beautiful - great image for thinking of you card!

Diane said...

Daffodils AND Tulips are my favorite flowers, I have over 34 varieties of Daffodils in my gardens but very few Tulips as the deer keep eating the bulbs...did you know you aren't suppose to mix tulips and Daffodils in the same vase as one will kill the other. Anyhow I love this gorgeous card you have created, so full of what's to come 'Springtime Goodness'!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very pretty card with all that fun stitched framework

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

I think spring has arrived - at least on your card - I love Daffodils - I have a gazillion in my garden, coming up at different times (and the deer doesn't eat them...)

Lisa said...

I am always quite liberal with sketch challenges... this is beautiful. I so miss daffodils. Can't grow them here... love these!!

Dandi93 said...

Love this Verna... gorgeous image, love the colors and the sketch

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...