Sunday, January 5, 2020

Balloon Kitty for Cards for Little Hearts

I was recently looking through a few of the wood mounted stamps I still own which I could not bare to part with quite yet and in that drawer was this cute image from All Night Media showing a cute kitty hanging onto a balloon and floating away. But what really caught my eye was that the balloon was in the shape of a heart so I grabbed that stamp to make some cards for the kids with it.

That was a stamp I got as an incentive from having artwork published in magazines. In fact, most of the stamps in that All Night Media drawer came to be owned by me for that reason. Sometimes it pays to get published. I don't know if many companies do the incentive programs anymore. Since I am no longer on a design team I just don't send anything in at all. And there are not that many hand held magazines now like there used to be. In a way I feel bad about that. They were always so handy to look at when one needed some inspiration!



For the cards I used pattern papers from Lawn Fawn and My Favorite Things as they were all in plaid designs. The cards do not all match completely and I also made the kitty and balloons in different colors too. And, to go with the design I simply die cut out the Hi with the heart for the dot on the "i" in various colors to go with the plaids. The Hi die is from Paper Smooches Fab Frames Set.

Well, happy Sunday to all of you. We have lots of sun and lots of wind! The wind is supposed to bring in colder temps too. But right now it has been melting all morning. I wish all of you a nice day!

God bless,
Verna


17 comments:

Greta said...

Very cute--love all the plaids & the sentiment! I still love all my actual magazines even though they're old.

Liz said...

Cute card, Verna. I love the plaid backgrounds. xx

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I love that cute stamp! It looks wonderful with the variety of plaid papers. I feel badly about the magazines too. I sometimes still purchase the ones that are still in print. I enjoy looking through them.

laurie said...

A fun and clever set of cards for the kids! I like all the plaids and how you coordinated the balloons!

Leslie Miller said...

Look at all that fabulous plaid! Cute stamp for the kids and I love the heart to dot the i on the sentiment. So adorable!

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful set of cards Verna - that is a super cute kitty stamp :). Love your detailing with the heart for the dot on the i
Blessings
Maxine

Carol L said...

What a super cute image and a perfectly coordinated die with the little heart! I love all those plaid designs and so will those children I'm sure :)

Lisa Babitz said...

This image is perfect for this card drive, and it looks great with the plaid paper. I love the greeting die you used as well!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Another wonderful array of cards, Verna with this cute little kitty. I'm sure they will bring loads of smiles for the kids.

Judy Woodland said...

How stinkin' CUTE!!! I am in LOVE with the plaid background. FABULOUS little card set - well done!

TK said...

Easy to see why this image didn't go anywhere... it's too cute! Fun cards for the kiddos

Patti J said...

You had me at plaid! These are adorable! I used to do the publication thing a lot, but you're right...not many paper magazines out there any more. So sad. I love holding them in my hands!

wannabcre8tive said...

Super cute. I love the little kitty hanging on to the pretty heart balloon.

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is super cute, Verna! I love the balloon kitty - I have this one in my old stash but he is part of a foam stamp set of cats from All Night Media. I used to subscribe to cardmaking magazines years ago, but I had to give them up for financial reasons. I guess everything has moved online now but I do miss the excitement of a new magazine arriving in the mail. Way to go on being published so many times!

Theresa's Studio said...

Your cards for Little Hearts are just adorable. Each set gets even cuter!

Dawn S. said...

Cute kitty! I like all the plaid backgrounds and matching hearts!

Lisa said...

Fun fun and more fun! You know I love plaid that and those kitties floating on by balloon are adorable!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...