Thursday, May 18, 2017

Foiled Die Cuts

I had a lot of small pieces of foiled papers so I decided to die cut some flowers and a frame to make a fairly CAS card design. I used all dies from Gina K. Designs for my design. And, the foiled pieces used are a combination of Gina K. Designs Foils, some from Deco Foils and some from an unknown source.


I used Gina K. Designs Gold Sequins foil for the doily frame and inside it I added a circle from the same die set of Gina K. Designs Ivory card stock to which I had stamped the sentiment from the Gina K. Designs Just Because duo stamp set.

The Gina K. Designs Flutterby die was cut from some leftovers to which I had used Deco Rainbow foil. And the leaves and one pink flower were also die cut from some off brand foil I had gotten years ago.. Each of the other blooms were from Gina K. Designs foil, namely Lovely Lavender, Wild Dandelion and Turquoise Sea. The Gina K. Designs Delightful Doily Die set includes not only the doily but those wonderful flowers and leaves as well.

The design was then finished by adding all of these elements to a base card of Gina K. Designs Ivory card stock and then adding some rhinestones to the flowers and the butterfly.



Other products used:
Scor Pal
Zig 2-Way Roll and Squeeze Glue Pen
Crafter's Companion Glue Tape Runner
Laminator-Royal Sovereign
Die Cutting Machine-Crossover
Paper Cutter-old guillotine type
Deco Foil Toner Sheets

I am entering this in the following challenges:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge-A Bit of Sparkle
Mod Squad Blog Challenge-Floral Framed Sentiment
Double D Challenges-Flowers Galore
Crop Stop Link Party #28

I am so glad you stopped in to see some of the latest fun I have been having. I hope to work on some more cards for the Cards For Little Hearts Card Drive which will be held July 1st to August 25th, 2017. On the side bar is a badge I added showing the website information. I hope some of you can join in and make cards with a winter theme for the kids who have heart health issues. Try to use designs that appeal to children. Please no Merry Christmas or Get Well greetings. I mainly am sticking with Winter Wishes or something similar to that. Thanks for all the lovely comments too.

God bless,
Verna

17 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Wow! What a striking card! Love those beautiful foils and the design your created with them! Thanks for linking up to the Cropstop blog! It's always a pleasure to visit your blog and view your lovely cards!

Donna Ellis said...

Oooh! Unique and beautifully designed! Lovely, V!

Rosy Newlun said...

Amazing work, Verna! Great offset design and addition of butterfly with flowers! That foil is brilliant with the little design in it!!!

Barbara said...

You sure are having fun with foils I am inspired, my order has shipped and the gels will be here on Monday. Then I hope to catch up,with you. Love this.

Karen Dunbrook said...

how pretty and looks so elegant....you go gf!
xx Karen

Unknown said...

What a great card. Love it.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Wow, this card really makes a statement. I love how you left a lot of white space so there was nothing to compete with the great foils!

Joyce Erb said...

tHIS STUNnING, well done

Judy Woodland said...

So so pretty, Verna. You are really rockin' the foils, thanks for all the inspiration!!!! LOVE all the colors you have used here.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, Verna, that doily is exquisite! All the colors in that foil -- wow! And with the flowers and butterfly it's a show stopper. Absolute perfection! Thanks so much for your entry in our Double D challenge!

Donna Phelan said...

I saw this on Face Book....GORGEOUS! So much beauty, that sparkle and shine is fantastic! Love your design too! Well done!

Kathy Krug said...

FABULOUS, Verna. Love how the circle iscut off the side and all that sparkle and shine. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope to see more or your designs in future challenges.
Kathy
DD DT

Darlene said...

WOW this is just beautiful Verna! I love your design idea! Awesome job with those foils! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Flowers Galore’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Oh wow this is beautiful, absolutely love this – your design are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenge .
Amelia (Double "D" Challenge Design Team)

Becca Yahrling said...

Gorgeous card! That foiling is like magic - beautiful!

Unknown said...

This is STUNNING, Verna! Thanks for taking the challenge with us at the Mod Squad Challenge

Melissa Bove said...

Wow! Such a stunning card! Beautifully designed!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...