Monday, May 8, 2017

Positively Negative

The Mod Squad Blog Challenge for this week is entitled Positively Negative and of course, I had to make a quick card for it as that is always so fun to do. I chose the Gina K. Designs Stampers Favorite set and captured that butterfly with both white and Eggplant ink on card stocks also from Gina K. Designs.


The white portion was embossed with Gina K. Designs embossing powder on the eggplant card stock. And, as usual, a little bit of it strayed which seems to be the way it always works for me when I emboss but for the most part it looks pretty good. We will just call them extra embellishments. LOL
And, the other half was stamped in the Eggplant ink which is a dye ink onto white card stock so therefore could not be embossed.

I fussy cut through the two panels and was lucky enough to get them to match up. Whew! They were both fastened to another layer of thin white card stock and then cut out with the Cottage Cutz Double-Stitched Circle set. I saved the other negative parts and  die cut that out with a Cottage Cutz Double-Stitched Rectangle die. All were then assembled together and placed on a card base of Lovely Lavender. The finishing touch was to add some lavender rhinestones.

I am so glad I got time to work up a new design. And, my laminator just was brought to me too, so I bet I might be playing a bit with that later on. I hope all had a great weekend. Thanks for your visits and comments.

God bless,
Verna

7 comments:

Dawn S. said...

Such a pretty card. I love the colours and the bling!

Ina G said...

Brilliant positive/negative card Verna. Yo have nailed this challenge perfectly.

Karen Dunbrook said...

so lovely...
xx Karen

Unknown said...

LOVE your colors and this design! What a FUN technique....and you should have a 2nd card around here somewhere, yes? lol That butterfly image is magnificent! You have mastered this technique!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

You nailed this technique!

Judy Woodland said...

LOVE this, Verna. This is a perfect example of the technique. LOVE your color choices too. The eggplant and lavender colors are beautiful with the white. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at the Mod Squad.

Macimbalo said...

So pretty! I really love the gems and the different sizes - it draws your eye right to the gorgeous image!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...