Monday, May 8, 2017

Graduation Card

Yesterday evening I assembled a graduation card quickly as I had already used a stencil and some rubber cement earlier to make a background on Gina K. Designs Red Hot card stock. So since it was dry I decided to add the gold sequins foil from Gina K. Designs and with a few dies made this card.


And that graduates die from Impression Obsession was a perfect one for the fun background design that was made with the stencil called Geometric Groove from the Sheen Douglas Collection at Crafter's Companion.


I also die cut the main panel with the Cottage Cutz Double-Stitched Rectangle set. I thought that added a nice touch with the double stitching. This panel was then placed onto Gina K. Designs black card stock as a base and then I added some Gina K. Designs white layering weight card stock inside it.

I hope you like my little quick card. And, I hope you can see the foil design. I tried and tried again to get a decent photo and these were the two that looked best. You can see the sequin look a little bit in them.

This card I am entering in the Scrapy Land Challenge  #65 in which the theme is Anything Goes. I got the Impression Obsession jumping graduates die from them when they had a sale. I just love that set and can remember that was the way I felt when I had graduated from high school too. Wish I could jump like that again now. But alas, old age has fixed that option. Haha!

Well, I guess I better do my dishes, finish the laundry and then I will open up all the goodies that arrived in today's mail. I may not be able to play much more today but I can look all the things over and figure out a plan of action for tomorrow. 

You have a great Monday now. I always take Monday evenings off to watch Dancing With The Stars. I really like that show for some reason. Thanks for visiting and I love the comments you leave too.

God bless,
Verna

10 comments:

laurie said...

Wow! I love the gold with that bright red...so sharp! Have watching DWTS!!!

Olga Moore said...

WOW! What a neat card! Those graduates really pop on that red and gold background. Very eye-catching!

Ina G said...

What a 'Masterpiece' you have created here. Loooooooove the layout and fabulous colours you chose. The foiling makes this card really pop.

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love this Verna. How striking. Love the background - definitely going to have to try this.

Karen Dunbrook said...

wow....awesome card mf...you are doing fab things with the foiling techniques. I watched the video and now I think I need to try it out.
thanks for inspiring
xx Karen

Judy Woodland said...

This is just awesome, I have never seen a die like that. It's perfect for graduation cards, and you can use it over and over because people only usually graduate a couple of times....lol. LOVE your background too.

Unknown said...

How FUN! I can feel the excitement from your graduating silhouettes! LOVE the gold background too! I always love black, red and gold together, it always comes out so elegant!

Unknown said...

Wow. You just keep adding to what you are doing. Love getting the notices when I finally do get on line lately. :) Someone will really appreciate this one.

Maryvonne Coussé said...

Beautiful Card !
Thanks for joining us at Scrapy Land challenges blog and good luck !
Maryvonne DT Member

Macimbalo said...

Love the jumping silhouettes! Such a happy graduation card!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...