Friday, May 5, 2017

Stencil, Rubber Cement, Foil

Wow! I found this most amazing website where they had some fantastic ways of getting foiling done on your cards without having to use a heat source. I suggest you check it out. I happened to have a few items on hand that would work so this card is done with foiling using a stencil and rubber cement.


I did my design on black card stock and once it was dry I then added the foil to it. You have to burnish it to get the foil to stick. And, I know I did not get a really good stencil design but I think this way it has a more artsy look to it.


I used stamps from the Gina K. Designs Happy Birthday to You stamp set. I embossed the balloons and the sentiment with Gina K. Designs Gold embossing powder. And, I die cut the black balloon panel and sentiment panels with the Cottage Cutz Double Stitched Rectangle Dies. The Deco Foil I used was a Rainbow one. My card base was Turquoise Sea but for some reason looks much lighter in these photos.


I think this photo shows the shimmer affect of the foils more. Also the balloons were colored in with Metallic Galaxy Pens. These pens show up on dark card stock and I like to have ones that will work that way as on occasion they are just perfect. This was one of those occasions. Each panel was placed on a Turquoise Sea layer before I fastened all the layers to the card base.


I admire those who can get a good photograph of this type of cards. I have spent over an hour trying to get just the right ones and still I am failing at that. LOL

Well, this was a fun project again and I think this is a card that would work for any type of birthday....kids to adults....and also for mile stone ones. Thanks for visiting and for all the comments you leave me.

God bless,
Verna


10 comments:

Liz said...

What a striking card, Verna! I've never used foil on my cards, so I'll have to check out the link in your post. xx

Donna Ellis said...

oooooh! What a lavish card, Verna! I love all the foil colors and the squared off areas for your assorted stamps - makes for a lovely collage! BEAUTIFUL design! Wishing you a fantastic week-end! hugs, de

Karen Dunbrook said...

I agree...very artsy looking card with great effects. I need to check it out. Thanks for the link mf.
Have a great wknd.
xx Karen

Unknown said...

Oh that is fantastic! How cool! I am glad there are so many ways to add foil! I thankfully bought a Mini Minc a while back and have s many pretty rolls f foil....like sooooo pretty! I adore your card, it is a shiny, sparkly celebration!!!

Judy Woodland said...

Just GORGEOUS!!! I can't to go over to that site. I do have a laminator, and a laser printer, but it would be nice to use other techniques. Your card is beautiful...LOVE the bright colors!!!

Shona Erlenborn said...

This looks fantastic! Thanks for the link to the website - you've certainly got my creative juices flowing! Love this look!

Macimbalo said...

This is really so pretty! I love how you made this beauty!!!

Patti said...

Amazing technique! I love foil on cards even though I agree they are super hard to photograph. I think you did a wonderful job!

Patti

Unknown said...

Well,I know a couple of younger ones that would like the colours and brightness of the card for sure. :) A party card !!

Julia Sandvoss said...

Love all the colors on this! Thank you for all the touches of Deco Foil!!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...